This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Despina83 View Post
    According to the manager, we can't ban her. There's nothing we can do.
    I would have thought the point at which she started harrassing other customers was an excellent time to ban her.

Poor managers seem to equate spinelessly caving to all "customer" demands with good customer service, and if you're stuck with a manager like that an incident where the SC's behaviour impacts on another customer is the best time to push for action.

Victoria J

Comment

Quoth MaverickGypsy View Post
      The only thing that bothers me about customers eating before they pay is, what happens if their debit doesn't work or their credit card is declined or in this womans case, never has enough money?
      True, it might not be theft until they walk out the door with a product, but if they have no way to pay and there is no product left to put back on the shelf, then it IS theft.
      That is a risk you take when you do that.
      "It's times like these that make me wanna go straight."
      James from Pokémon.

Comment

What are the child abandonment laws like where you live? Leaving kids, alone, in a store for four effing hours is pretty bad, and while it's debatable that she's stealing, getting into a confrontation, and being the antagonist, should be enough to ban her sorry butt. Also I thought of Charles Manson, when I read "the family", I'm sick I know.

Comment

Quoth MaverickGypsy View Post
          The only thing that bothers me about customers eating before they pay is, what happens if their debit doesn't work or their credit card is declined or in this womans case, never has enough money?
          True, it might not be theft until they walk out the door with a product, but if they have no way to pay and there is no product left to put back on the shelf, then it IS theft.
          That is just another reason why it shouldn't ever be done.
          "It's not easy being evil in a world that's gone to Hell" ~ Anton LaVey

Comment

In the case of the OP, eating or drinking something in the store before paying for it is not considered theft because the store doesn't think it is. They allow it. Other people may have worked/shopped at other stores with different policies, but I think we should all take Despina's word for it when she says this isn't shoplifting. She knows her store and their policies better than we do.

Back on topic, that family sounds like a nightmare. Dropping clothes at the feet of employees?! Clearly, this woman has some inferiority issues she's taking out on your staff.

The worst customers are those that are a constant headache, but have always stayed just far enough inside the lines not to get banned.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

I agree with Boozy, although I will say that at the extent to which the OP describes this "family" does it, it's getting too "comfortable". They may not be stealing, but they are consuming multiple items before purchasing them before they can. And maybe I read it wrong, but to me, I'm thinking each time they push the envelope more and more.

And I also agree with Boozy that there are frequent regular SCs who avoid being banned because they stay just enough inside the lines. This "family" has not been caught stealing yet....but they do enough sucky things to be a detriment to all employees who encounter them. The glorious day they DO get caught, maybe we'll be reading a different story.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Maybe one day she'll hit an employee. Then she can be arrested and a restraining order set against her so if she comes back in she can be arrested. And if the company disagrees with banning her, you can file a lawsuit for them creating a hostile environment.

Comment

Working...
                X