Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More tales of woe from the Bay of E (language and long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More tales of woe from the Bay of E (language and long)

Got me some real winners the other day! These are all from the same day, almost one right after the other. They're uncensored and unaltered except all identifying info has been removed to protect the guilty.

Italics = me

Here we go:

Email #1
    Message: what the fuck is wrong with my item ? I did the same shit as other people and you ass holes deleting my itmes? FUCK E-BAY!!!! shit heads.. oh my fucken god.. ya fucken shits. !!!!! ass holes !!! WHAT the fuck is wrong !!!!

Let's see now... you're lucky that I don't really care about swearing. Some people aren't as nice as me when it comes to that. Now, as for your items, well, they quite clearly violated policy, and those other people you mentioned? We removed their items too! Stop listing illegal shit and we might not remove your crap.

This one also happened to be the first email I got that day! Yay!

Email #2
    Do you know that even Amazon sells that item? That is why I thought you made a mistake and just arbitrarily removed my listing. There is never any assurance when receiving form letters that a real human being exercised discretion and judgment, so I thought you just made a mistake. Even after all of my time on Ebay, you are penalizing me just because some people out there are dishonest, even though I am not.

You were suspended for selling the same thing as dickhead #1 above. I had personally responded to you EVERY TIME you had written in! Just because I create professional responses doesn't make them form letters! TRY READING THEM!!! Oh, wait, you're an SC... If it was a mistake, we wouldn't have removed it multiple times! AND if it was a mistake, I would have reinstated it when you wrote in! Yes, we're penalizing you because some people out there are dishonest, and this INCLUDES you! Not to mention, why should we care if Amazon sells it? Losing a few dollars here an there over lost fees is still MUCH cheaper than lawyers and lawsuit settlements!

Email #3
    This is an automated response. No one will read this message. Please do not send general emails to this address. If you have a question about an auction, please use the appropriate messaging mechanism inside the auction site to contact us about our auctions.

This was the response after sending them a detailed message saying why their item was removed and how to properly relist it so it complies with policy. Unlike other SCs, they were at least honest about not bothering to read what we send them.

Email #4
    this is fuckin bullshit becasue the down tab had the option of selling an account this is fuckin ridicoulus keep the 5 dollars and stick up your fuckin ass =)

No, please, take your money back! That way you can stick it and your item up your own ass! Maybe you'll get lucky and find your head up there while you're at it.

Email #5
    My account has been suspended because I sold an item that violated Ebay policy.
    Good job of stating the obvious! I never would have figured that out!
    I saw a lot of people selling it, and I just want to try.
    Congratulations! You are a lemming!
    I promise that I will never list items like that again. If I relapse this 1 more time, Ebay can cancel my account for ever.
    You must be psychic!!! That's EXACTLY what will happen!!!
    HONESTLY, I LOVE TO WORK ON EBAY VERY MUCH. I'VE SPENT MUCH OF TIME ON EBAY TO ACHIEVE 25 POSITIVE FEEDBACKS SO FAR. I PROMISE I WILL NEVER REPEAT THIS MISTAKE AGAIN, FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE SERIOUSLY.
    Dude, lay off the caps, I get it. You've learned from your mistake and want your account back. I won't poke fun of your oodles of feedback although the way you phrased it is amusing.

Email #6
    Message: I had clearly mentioned this disclaimer in both my listings.
    ... Very long dislaimer here. ...
    Still both my listings were removed, many people have sold <online game>related game items/accounts successfully on ebay and you can still find many sellers selling them if your search ebay for <online game>. So i don't understand your reason for removing my listings. Kindly let me know if i can or cannot sell my items on ebay so i stop wasting my time re listing them again.

Oh no! Not the DISCLAIMER!!! How could we have ever missed seeing that in your listings??? It only comprises 90% of the description! Since you have that disclaimer, I guess that makes everything ok!

Yeah, riiiiiiiiight. I don't care if your disclaimer says that whatever god you pray to gave you explicit instructions to list it or the world would be destroyed! If we had actually bothered to read your pathetic disclaimer that was about 2 pages long, we probably would have used it as proof that you KNEW what you were doing was bad and suspended you right off the bat! The fact that BOTH of your listings were removed, even with your disclaimer, should have been a good tip off that you can't sell them on eBay.

I'll save my disclaimer rant for another post...

Email #7
    After I specifically told him previously that he couldn't sell his account, etc., etc., etc., he replied with this:

Thank you for your response. So if I list the game and want to give my account away with the purchase of the game, how do I go about letting the bidder know, without violating ebay policies?

Look you feeble-minded jock squirt, my previous reply that you seem to have actually read couldn't have been any more clear if you were being beaten by a cluebat! Tell you what, I'll contact the game company and have them get in touch with you about selling your account! Let me know how it goes!

Is there such a thing as a virtual Clue-By-Four?
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
      Is there such a thing as a virtual Clue-By-Four?
      I'm more a proponent of the Cluehammer 40K myself

Courtesy of Howard Taylor's Schlock Mercenary
      Your true character is who you are when no one is looking.
      --Unknown

Comment

What a bunch of morons.

I LOVE eBay!!! You guys rock!!
        If you don't like my attitude, talk to the manager!!! Oh, wait, that would be me!!

Yes, I'm the manager. I'm also known as "the brick wall".

Comment

I actually reported a seller today. I had previously bought some DVDs from this seller and I got DVD-R's in shrink wrapped cases. It looked legit (although the smelled RANK!) until you opened them up and saw DVD-R's with inkjet printed labels. So sad. Anyway, I hadn't really done anything because the seller had reimbursed me, but after reading about your job, I decided I should do this for the good of everyone else buying these DVDs.

Comment

Quoth Darkwish View Post
            Email #4
            this is fuckin bullshit becasue the down tab had the option of selling an account this is fuckin ridicoulus keep the 5 dollars and stick up your fuckin ass =)

No, please, take your money back! That way you can stick it and your item up your own ass! Maybe you'll get lucky and find your head up there while you're at it.
            His spelling makes me want to laugh and cry at the same time, especially his "ridicoulus."

And please tell me I'm not the only one who noticed the absurdity of the text smiley at the end of his message. He drops the F-bomb three times in one run-on sentence and then smiles politely!
            I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
            - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
            - IPF

Comment

I amnervous about Ebay these days. I used to use it a lot... had some great auctions, but after one guy yelled at me for giving him neg feedback for failure to respond to my emails after a sale, andanoter 80 dollar item never arriving, I guess I'm just burned.

Kudos to you for a cool and hard job. do you hire international/work from home?
              Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

Email #1
                Message: what the fuck is wrong with my item ? I did the same shit as other people and you ass holes deleting my itmes? FUCK E-BAY!!!! shit heads.. oh my fucken god.. ya fucken shits. !!!!! ass holes !!! WHAT the fuck is wrong !!!!

Let's see now... you're lucky that I don't really care about swearing. Some people aren't as nice as me when it comes to that. Now, as for your items, well, they quite clearly violated policy, and those other people you mentioned? We removed their items too! Stop listing illegal shit and we might not remove your crap.

This one also happened to be the first email I got that day! Yay!

Email #2
                Do you know that even Amazon sells that item? That is why I thought you made a mistake and just arbitrarily removed my listing. There is never any assurance when receiving form letters that a real human being exercised discretion and judgment, so I thought you just made a mistake. Even after all of my time on Ebay, you are penalizing me just because some people out there are dishonest, even though I am not.

You were suspended for selling the same thing as dickhead #1 above. I had personally responded to you EVERY TIME you had written in! Just because I create professional responses doesn't make them form letters! TRY READING THEM!!! Oh, wait, you're an SC... If it was a mistake, we wouldn't have removed it multiple times! AND if it was a mistake, I would have reinstated it when you wrote in! Yes, we're penalizing you because some people out there are dishonest, and this INCLUDES you! Not to mention, why should we care if Amazon sells it? Losing a few dollars here an there over lost fees is still MUCH cheaper than lawyers and lawsuit settlements!
                Rule of Thumb: Just because other people are listing a certain item, or that the item is being sold on a different website, does not mean YOU can list that item on Ebay.

Quoth Darkwish
                Email #7
                After I specifically told him previously that he couldn't sell his account, etc., etc., etc., he replied with this:

Thank you for your response. So if I list the game and want to give my account away with the purchase of the game, how do I go about letting the bidder know, without violating ebay policies?

Look you feeble-minded jock squirt, my previous reply that you seem to have actually read couldn't have been any more clear if you were being beaten by a cluebat! Tell you what, I'll contact the game company and have them get in touch with you about selling your account! Let me know how it goes!
                Another Rule of Thumb: If Ebay policy prohibits you from selling a certain item, you cannot give it away as a free gift or bonus when selling something else.

Quoth Horsetuna
                I amnervous about Ebay these days. I used to use it a lot... had some great auctions, but after one guy yelled at me for giving him neg feedback for failure to respond to my emails after a sale, andanoter 80 dollar item never arriving, I guess I'm just burned
                No offense, but I would consider leaving a seller negative feedback for not answering a question to be poor form.

The time to ask questions about an item, or shipping costs and services, etc, is before you bid. Communication after the sale is nice, but isn't required under ebay policy.

For all you know, your negative feedback could've caused that seller to receive sanctions such as account suspension, placement of his/her listings at the end of the search results, and having his/her payments held by Paypal (if they use that as a payment option). All of this would be due to "higher than average levels of buyer dissatisfaction" or however ebay phrases it.

As a seller, I wouldn't yell at you or neg you back (I don't even have the option of leaving you a negative feedback, since ebay has decided all buyers get positive feedback NO MATTER WHAT), but I would put you on my blocked bidders list. And many other sellers have done the same to buyers who did the same thing you did, and advised other sellers to do the same.

But lastly, if you received the item in good time, and it was exactly as it was described to you, isn't that what's really important?
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Irving: the negative feedback was left well after I had bought the itemand had it shipped. But the problem isnt even that it didnt GET to me.

basically, it never arrived. I do not blame the seller for that, I know it happens... thing is, he ignored my emails and messages, asking if he had heard anything on his end, if it had been returned to him for bad address, etc... just cause you have the buyer's money doesnt mean you should ignore them. I figured. If he had at least sent a 'sorry, I didnt get it back or heard anything' response I probably would not have left neg feedback. Because he ignord me, I did. Maybe I was a little too crude, but as someone who's sold a few myself I find it very courteous to buyers to follow up on if the item arrived OK, etc... and it even got me a few repeat buyers.

Maybe it was too harsh, but I dont regret it, and the 'yelling' emails he sent afterwards removed any guilt I felt leaving neg feedback (its the only neg feedback I ever left). I hate leaving even neutral feedback.

Comment

Okay, you didn't mention that in your first post. I understand now.

In that case I don't blame you for leaving the negative. Especially since it is the seller's responsibility to get the item to the buyer, and saying "I'm not responsible for items once I ship them out" doesn't wash.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Hi, my name is Binky and I'm an ebay junkey!

I MEAN it!

My WEDDING dress came from ebay, I bought the invites, confetti and sand off ebay. I got the bubbles for the wedding off ebay. Hell I got the wedding night stuff off ebay

I'm up to 50 positive heheehehe

but geese la wees! those people are sucktacular! whiners! pfft! keep up the great work!
                      Last edited by Ree; 11-05-2008, 07:06 AM.
                      I am evil, I should change my middle name legally TO evil, I'm proud of my evilness! Makes life fun! bwhaha

Comment

my mistake, I should have been clearer in the first post.

Comment

Working...
                        X