This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Coupon Lady

Alright, so as most of you know, I started working at one of the biggest pharmacies in the US a few weeks ago. I work third shift, and love it, since I'm a night owl anyway, and this gives me time to do things during the day. Great! All's gone well, no sucky customers... UNTIL:

Saturday night I start my shift, same as always, at 10:30pm... The problem with saturdays at my store, is that at midnight, all the old sales are over, and the new sales start, so between the time I come in and midnight, people are coming in with their coupons, normally no more than one or two coupons at a time... Like a normal person right? Right?

Wellllll, at about 11:30pm, this woman comes to my register, her cart loaded with stuff... I start scanning, only for her to show me a hand full of coupons... Oh gods... Well, I was trained to do the coupons at the end, so that's what I told her I'd do... When I finished scanning her stuff, she asked me "Did those pads come up....." (Don't remember exact details of conversation). I pull up the receipt and tell her no... So she goes to see what the price was... By now, my line has backed up really really far, and my manager has opened the other register to help me out..

Well, to make this short, the lady came back, as I was finishing with her (I kid you not) TWENTY manufacturer's coupons, and at LEAST TEN [insert my store's name here] coupons.... *twitch* several of which did not work, because she hadn't gotten the right brand names.... She tells me the price of the pads, I try to fix it, computer goes wonky, I give her her total, she debates it (as she's been debating the coupons not working), she pays, and leaves...... about twenty minutes later, she comes back and complains to manager, who straightens things out for her (I have no idea what actually took place in their conversation).....

That was the same night I had my first "Can I get a pack of..." "Can I see your ID?" "I don't have it on me, but my DOB is..." "I'm sorry sir, the law prohibits me from selling tobacco products without a valid ID..." "I swear I'm....!" "I'm sorry sir, I'm not allowed..." (Enter coworker stage right) "Whats up" "He doesn't have his ID" (coworker) "NO" SC gets catbutt face and walks out......

Isn't it fun to tell customers "NO" in great big letters?
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

That was the same night I had my first "Can I get a pack of..." "Can I see your ID?" "I don't have it on me, but my DOB is..." "I'm sorry sir, the law prohibits me from selling tobacco products without a valid ID..." "I swear I'm....!" "I'm sorry sir, I'm not allowed..." (Enter coworker stage right) "Whats up" "He doesn't have his ID" (coworker) "NO" SC gets catbutt face and walks out......
      I love this paragraph.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
        Isn't it fun to tell customers "NO" in great big letters?
        Oh yes.

NYET!

EI!

NEIN!

NON!

...and other variants of foreign flavour.

Comment

Aw, with a buildup like that I was expecting to read that by the time the coupons were scanned, it was gone midnight and they were all invalid!

Comment

LOL I wish it had been me telling the SC NO, but it was my coworker.. it was awesome What made it better is that the next day I worked (Monday night), the guy came back and asked for a pack of whatever... "Can I see your ID?" "awww mannnnnn" turns and walks out... What made him think that our policy would have changed in two days?????

Comment

Working...
            X