This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• people need to calm down

So this morning we are driving to work.This person got behind us and started going crazy.We were driving the speed limit.This woman started pounding her steering wheel and started trying to drive through people grass to get around us. Then she starts hanging out the window cussing and yelling. Then she starts pounding the steering wheel again as hard as she can. What the hell,are people that high strung that they cuss when they can't speed. My hubby is a ass though he slows down when he is in front of people like this.I told him to watch it because are so psycho nowadays that they will shoot you or get out of their cars and beat the hell out of you.\

Just look at this......
    http://www.theindychannel.com/news/16102256/detail.html

whoa and this woman has three kids?? another article says she got 20 years for this. What an infuriating story! can you imagine someone doing that to one of your grandparents?
    Standing on the moon With nothing else to do A lovely view of heaven But I'd rather be with you

Comment

People like that absolutely annoy the hell out of me! I admit that I do slow down when people like that are behind me. Or I'll drive right next to the car in the next lane and match their speed, so the crazy rushing asshole behind me can't change lanes and get around either of us. I know people are in a hurry, but it's uncalled for to act stupid and drive recklessly.
      "What size can I get you, ma'am?"
      "Red."
      "Okay...I'll check the red for you, but what size do you need?"
      "RED!"
      "..."

Comment

Yeah, beat an old woman half to death and then stick your tongue out at news cameras. Humanity makes me sick sometimes
        The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Quoth IHateStupidCustomers View Post
          Or I'll drive right next to the car in the next lane and match their speed, so the crazy rushing asshole behind me can't change lanes and get around either of us.
          Please don't do this. You could be blocking a co-worker of mine at a very bad time. His wife gave birth two months prematurely. He can't get the time off to be at the hospital 24/7 until the baby is out.

As a result, he could find himself rushing to the hospital if something goes wrong. And your doing this could block him, and prevent him getting there in time for anything.

If the space is there, let him around you. It does no harm to you, and could help prevent problems.

Comment

I agree....let the speeders go. If it's someone in a genuine hurry, you may be helping save a life.

If it's a typical asshole EW just in a hurry and not caring, let them go and suffer the consequences if they are caught in a speed trap or go barreling into the ditch or a tree.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I don't slow down - not below the Speed Limit, at least - nor will I block them if there's a lane. But while I can be a little lax about the speed limit myself, I generally try to avoid going faster than 5-8 over. If I get a speeder coming up behind me fast, I'll let myself drop down to the exact limit, and I'll stay there.
              The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

Quoth Pedersen View Post
                Please don't do this. You could be blocking a co-worker of mine at a very bad time. His wife gave birth two months prematurely. He can't get the time off to be at the hospital 24/7 until the baby is out.

As a result, he could find himself rushing to the hospital if something goes wrong. And your doing this could block him, and prevent him getting there in time for anything.

If the space is there, let him around you. It does no harm to you, and could help prevent problems.
                im sorry for your coworker but if im going to the speed limit im not going to just pull off to the side for someone driving recklessly, nor should i have to alter my driving to please them.
                I always drive in the lane i need to be in to turn and i never switch lanes because of some riding my ass.
                The way hes driving sounds like hes luck y to not have a hundred tickets and high repair bill to pay for causing an accident

Comment

It is amazing that people don't understand that driving is a privilage not a right. I find it funny when someone in a small car tailgates me, sure go ahead and tailgate your car will get totalled if I have to stop fast and if I'm driving my station wagon, I usually can stop faster than them since I don't have ABS in that car. I was laughing so hard the other day at some idiot in a Smart cart thinking they could intimidate into speeding up by tailgating me when I was driving my truck. You're not going to intimidate me, I can fit that POS in the bed of my truck.

Comment

I drive at the speed limit. If this is a problem for people behind me who want me to speed, tough. I'm still going to drive at the speed limit.

Yeah, I'm a bastage like that.

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                      im sorry for your coworker but if im going to the speed limit im not going to just pull off to the side for someone driving recklessly, nor should i have to alter my driving to please them.
                      First, I didn't ask people to pull off to the side. I asked people not to deliberately drive side by side just to piss off someone who is driving in a manner they do not approve of. In fact, I'm asking people not to change their driving. Go back and read again. You'll see that I was specifically responding to a specific quote about how behavior changes in response to other people's driving.

Second, could you read a little less into such requests in the future? What you know of him is that he's in a high stress time of his life right now. You know nothing of him besides this. You do not know how he drives normally. And yet, you have decided that, because he might be driving in a manner that you do not approve of,
                      Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                      hes luck y to not have a hundred tickets and high repair bill to pay for causing an accident
                      Even television news reporters don't add as much to their reports as what you added to my statements.

Comment

The drivers in this tiny town are psycho as all hell. We have the university plus an auto tech school. it sucks when schools are in session. First, they back up into parking on the busiest street in town during the morning "rush". Then there are the morons who think that all that black smoke they create from their exhaust is impressive. Sure, impressing us with their level of idiocy. we need to see and breath back here and I will laugh at you because you will get beat up by a girl(me) if I ever find out who you are. Reminds me of when we took a weekend trip to denver. some stooge in the right lane was merging...right at us!!!...and caused my brother to swerve and hit a guy in his company truck. no major injuries to us or the cars but it still makes me angry knowing that #$%@# is still out there driving and most likely causing more accidents.
                        "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

I've see, recently even, an older lady who apparently had her mind elsewhere. She ended up just driving through a red light not even seeing it and nearly hit a truck by doing so. She realizes her folly & must has been in complete shock because she pulled over right after the incident. What does the guy in the truck do? Speed up and when he got to her starting just screaming at her out of his window! I am sure she was in tears. I am not sure if anything came of it, because by that time the light was green again.

Also, here recently, a smaller town to the west of us had an article in the paper. Lady was driving in her van with her kids, and a light was changing & she decided to get through rather then get caught so she sped up & nearly hit a guy (although she had thought she wan't even close). She noticed him following her so she decided to pull over to talk it through or something. Infront of her kids, this guy got out & was screaming & cussing and started slapping & punching her. He then realized what he had done, got in his vehicle, and took off. He turned himself in later for assult, though.
                          When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

I used to see so much road rage on I-75 in Ohio that I had even travelled that route with a video camera pointed at the front window. Go ahead and attack me. Not only will I fight back but I also will sent a copy of the tape to all the Dayton TV stations as well as the police department.

Comment

I've seen a couple idiots at one of the lights in town. This particular light changes for northbound traffic first, to let people turn left if they need to do so - there is no separate left turn lane, just the leftmost lane is turn or go straight.

Somehow, I always seem to wind up behind the southbound idiot that doesn't bother watching the light. They just wait until northbound traffic starts moving then stomp on the gas and go shooting out into the intersection. One of these days, they'll plow into somebody turning left. And I'll very happily make a statement to the cops about how the idiot wasn't paying the least bit of attention to the red light.

Comment

Working...
                              X