Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just one night (pics of the aftermath)

This is some SCs, some GWC, some CoC. I just needed to unload after the day I just had.

Before I dive into the photos, I need to set you up for this. I knew today was going to be a bad day. I only had two housekeepers and Head Housekeeper scheduled. Boss Lady told me to give one of the two off, since she'd been in on her days off earlier covering for others. The other one has been "sick" and needs a doctor's note to come back to work. (She told us the doctor said she can't come back until her x-rays come back, then she tried to return to work a few days later. We sent her home and told her to call her doctor and fax the note to us. No fax ever arrived. I highly doubt she ever stepped inside a doctor's office these past few days.) So I called in a housekeeper who I like to call "Bumble & Bumble", because he likes to spend more time bumbling around and being a slow ass than actually working. I figured he's better than nothing though, right?

So I get in today as MOD, and we have 42 rooms to clean. I quickly churn through the morning paperwork and deposit so I could get out there and get some room started. Sure enough, "sick" CW calls and says her doctor called her at 9pm last night, and she can get a note today but not until late this afternoon, so she can work tomorrow and not today. (Does she really think I can't smell her bullshit?)

But at least I have Head HK and B&B. I can work with that.

But then Head HK calls. You see, she just bought a new used car. And she drove it to another city an hour away yesterday and spent the night. And this morning when she went to start it, it didn't start. It wouldn't jump, either. Well, fucktitties.

I called the Awesome Housekeeper who was supposed to work today, but was then called off, and asked if she wanted to work. She had company coming over, but she could do a couple hours. I told her to come in and help B&B with his rooms. I then called my swing-shift person (who also does housekeeping), and she agreed to come in two hours before her shift to help. Yay! Because now I'm looking at doing rooms AND doing laundry, and B&B is slower than molasses, and I'm starting to freak out a bit.

That is a long set up, but this just isn't the same if you aren't in the right frame of mind.

TLDR: We were severely short-staffed, I was looking at cleaning 20+ rooms by myself AND doing laundry for 40+ rooms, and I was freaking out severely.

So I'm just knocking out those rooms as fast as I can. I'm doing about 4 rooms an hour (standard is 3 rooms an hour). Around 11am I start doing my stayover rooms, and suddenly I walk into this:

I didn't take a pic of the other side of the room, since that would reveal too much about where I work (as if you don't know!), but that little thing in the bottom left-hand corner is the end of the bed. There was maybe a 3-foot wide path through the room. They just had so much crap in there! It's a family of four, and the rest of the room you can't see is just boxes and bags and piles of so much stuff, I'm not sure how they're all fitting in here. You can see a bike, and a freaking rake, and...you know, now that I'm looking at the photo, it kind of looks like there's a hand poking out back there. I did not notice that before. Hmm.

Fortunately, this was just a "towels and trash" stayover room. Which was good, because there was crap piled on the beds, too.

Around check-out time at noon, B&B calls me downstairs. Literally, right below the first room, was this:

Whereas the first room was a stayover who is with us for at least a week, that second pic is from a family who was only with us for one night. The rest of the room was slightly better, emphasis on the slightly.

We got the trash bagged up right before we left, but that room is still sitting dirty tonight, because f*** it, I don't have time for that crap on days like this. Even the drunk guys that Night Auditor had to run out and tell to shut up last night did not leave a mess like that!

Now granted, I have seen far worse rooms than both of these (though I sadly lack the photographic evidence), but it was more the circumstances surrounding these (being severely short-staffed, and me running on only 2 hours of sleep) rather than the rooms themselves.

Fortunately, there were some highlights. Those two housekeepers that came in for just a couple hours really helped. Awesome HK made all of B&B's beds. I really hated calling her in, because I've totally been there, so I'm buying her lunch tomorrow. The CW who came in early made all my beds upstairs and did a whole bunch of my laundry, too. B&B even pulled himself together and was actually able to keep pace with me. He actually finished before I did! (If I didn't have to do the bank run I would have totally kicked his butt, though. Just sayin')

Also, one of the stayovers tipped me $3, and I hardly had to do anything. He had just slept on top of the bed and didn't need it touched, and he didn't use the shower. Just wipe everything down (there was some mystery substance in the sink) and vacuum. He was a pretty cool guy. I also got a small hyacinth that was left in another room. I named it "Audrey II".

I was also really annoying when I radioed rooms down to the front office, because if I couldn't laugh at the day I was having, I was going to cry.
    Me: *in the most seductive voice I could muster* "Thank you for sailing with [Hotel 4+2] Cruise Lines. Pleasure cabin 224 is now ready for your weekend adventure."
    Me: "HEEEEEEEEY! SEXY LADY! Two...two...two..two..........two-thirteen is clean!"
    CW: "I have guests down here who can hear you, bhskittykatt."

Ultimately we finished around 5pm, which was way better than expected. I only worked a 9.25 hour shift, and I was expecting to do 12, so I can't complain too much despite those two rooms.

We have some interviewees lined up for this coming week, so we'll get more housekeepers. Just gotta push through this weekend...

Sorry for the long rantiness. I still haven't been to sleep yet, and I have no idea how coherent I am right now.
    Last edited by bhskittykatt; 02-23-2013, 01:48 AM.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
    Now granted, I have seen far worse rooms than both of these (though I sadly lack the photographic evidence):
    Perhaps that's a mercy, considering the stories I've read on here.
    "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

I laughed so hard at your radio messages, I woke up my finacee, and the cats.
      Frying pans! Who knew, right?

Comment

o.O You are just the kind of crazy I like.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

That does look like a hand - although a fake one...
          I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

And to think, I felt bad because one night we were staying in a "Hotel 4+2" in a not-nice area of Stockton, CA. We were en-route to Yosemite from Portland, and stayed there one night before heading up into the mountains. We had my GMC Sonoma pickup, with all of our camping gear, and my mountain bike in the bed. After seeing the area the motel was in (this was before I discovered tripadvisor.com), we unloaded EVERYTHING from the truck, including my bike, and brought it into the room with us.
            That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Quoth Sonoma View Post
              ... We had my GMC Sonoma pickup, ... in the bed...
              How'd you get it through the door? At a medium pace?
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                How'd you get it through the door? At a medium pace?
                I believe Sonoma was saying that the camping gear and mountain bike were in the "8 foot bed that never has to be made".
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                  I believe Sonoma was saying that the camping gear and mountain bike were in the "8 foot bed that never has to be made".
                  Thanks, Wolfie. It was actually just a 6 foot bed that never has to be made (little pickup, like my Ranger that I now drive).

Comment

Quoth Sonoma View Post
                    Thanks, Wolfie. It was actually just a 6 foot bed that never has to be made (little pickup, like my Ranger that I now drive).
                    Line was taken intact from this song.
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                      Line was taken intact from this song.
                      One of my favorites.

Comment

Working...
                      X