This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know you're wearing too much...

You know you're wearing too much perfume/cologne when the poor cashier has a completely congested nose and can still smell it and it does nothing but make her sinuses scream in agony.

I was tearing up from the strength of smell coming from some of the customers the other day. Usually we only have one (semi-regular) who wears a ton of cologne, but for some reason it was "Inundate Ambrosia's work with people who shower in their smelly water."
    My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Lately I have had at least one customer a day who is wearing so much perfume, I can taste it.

Yuck.

Comment

One of my least favorite SC traits ever. Tearing up, that nasty, oily taste in the mouth. Disgusting.

Comment

I'm not sure which is worse; extreme body odor or extreme perfume. Open sewer vs chemical spill.

Neither of which is even necessary with a daily application of soap and water.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
          I'm not sure which is worse; extreme body odor or extreme perfume.
          For me it's extreme perfume. Body odor is disgusting, but at least natural so that it doesn't wreak havoc on my sinuses. (I am also not bothered by, for example, barn smell/manure smell, or skunk smell at all.) However, perfume being specifically made to stimulate your nose, just goes directly to my sinuses and sits there.

For a long, long time.
          My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
          It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

What about... body odour that the customer sees fit to try and cover with excessive perfume?

To my mind, that is the worst cuz it shows that the person is aware that they stink, but rather than take a shower, they chose to use perfume or body spray to cover it. -.- Worse if it's a cheap knockoff or something like Axe or Lynx. X_x
            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

I don't know what's worse. When they come in wearing too much perfume or smelling like they need to put some of it on...lol.

Comment

The worst smell however comes from the meth heads. First off they're so strung out that hygiene is forgotten, but the smell that oozes from their pores from the meth itself is like mutant B.O. When I was working at the library, I was telling my college roommate about these smells. It was she that identified the source of the stench for me.

Comment

Quoth WIphone_lady View Post
                  The worst smell however comes from the meth heads. First off they're so strung out that hygiene is forgotten, but the smell that oozes from their pores from the meth itself is like mutant B.O. When I was working at the library, I was telling my college roommate about these smells. It was she that identified the source of the stench for me.
                  Considering what that shit is made out of, I'm not surprised. How anybody can use that stuff even once is beyond my understanding.
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I think there are people who don't realize that different colognes react to different body chemistries and think that just lacquering on another layer of the crap that didn't work yesterday should make things all better. I know one woman in particular who I'm quite sure believes she's a bouquet of fragrant lilacs when her BO would make a turkey vulture tear up and leave. It isn't that she's not doing anything to stop it, it's that the stuff she's using just isn't working on her.

Comment

I don't like to smell like anything, bo or otherwise. If I do, it's the faint smell of the oils/herbs in my hair. (I do all-natural stuff, like catnip. I wonder why cats don't follow me?)
                      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

My landlady got upset one day when a coworker told her that her perfume was making her sick. Landlady came home and was saying to me "but my perfume is expensive perfume, how can it make her sick?" I really liked my landlady, but she used to go through 2 bottles of perfume every 3 weeks. I watched her get ready for work one day. The perfume was kept on the dresser in the kitchen. Everytime she passed the dresser she would spray more on. She sprayed it on 9 times that I saw that day (sure I missed some applications). She reeked of the stuff, and while it was expensive, it would have smelled a hell of a lot nicer if she put it on once a day. My housemate and I timed it one day and it took almost 5 hours for the smell to disappate once she had left the house, even with some open windows. It took her seeing the doctor for a persistent rash on her neck (who would have thought dousing your neck in chemicals would lead to irritation) before she started to tone it down. Even got a bottle to last 6 weeks.

Wish I could have said something sooner, but really didn't want to hurt her feelings. Me and the housemate were so glad when her coworker spoke up.

Comment

heh kinda like when my bf took me into a popular soap shop to treat me. he was outside the store on his phone cos his dad called right as we got there, so i went in and started smelling candles.

when he finally came in he went right for the candles I first tested and sniffed one before I could tell him to avoid that entire area. Poor guy had a look on his face from the smell.

I'm sure someone out there likes floral candles. But bleh.. they smelled like strong perfume. we ended up getting some beach-like scents (coconut, some kind of margarita and something else that was tropical etc).

. I watched her get ready for work one day. The perfume was kept on the dresser in the kitchen. Everytime she passed the dresser she would spray more on.
                          ain't suppose to put that much on of ANY scent. no wonder it's expensive... if she uses it that much!
                          Last edited by PepperElf; 02-25-2013, 11:31 AM.

Comment

The local mayor (that's right, mayor) is always drenched in perfume. The last time she came in, I had a sinus headache, so I didn't smell it. But my eyes were burning.
                            "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                            -Mira Furlan

Comment

Many years ago when I lived in this one apartment, there was a guy next door who wore Georgio or some such crap by the gallon. Every time he opened his door the smell would coming pouring out of there. I was so glad when they moved.
                              https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                              Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Working...
                              X