This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pieces of Shit for Breakfast

I got in an argument with a SC this morning while setting up breakfast. It was 10 minutes before 6, so I still had some time to get things set up. SC comes down to get some breakfast. I ask him if he could come back in 10 minute when breakfast is set up.

SC: Sure, I'll just grab some food.

SC loads up his plate with a few muffins, and danishes.

Me: Like I said, breakfast is at 6. Can you please come back in 10 minutes?
    SC: Quit being an asshole.
    Me: You do NOT call me an asshole. Put the plate down, you're done.

SC starts heading down the hall again calling me an asshole. I get more and more agitated. He wants a comment card, which I gladly provide. He says he's going to tell my supervisor all about me.

Me: Don't forget the part where you called me an asshole.

I go make a few notes so that I have my side of the story somewhere for supervisor to see. A few minutes later, he's outside waiting for said supervisor. He bangs on the window which connects directly with the front desk area and starts shouting names at me.

He comes back in for breakfast. It's just a few minutes before 6 by this point. He asks where the milk is and why the fridge for the yogurt is still locked.

Me: Well, you called me an asshole, so I didn't feel it wasn't in a big rush to open it right until the last minute.

I go and take care of that while SC accuses me of calling him an asshole.

Me: We've got audio that proves I did not call you an asshole.
    SC: I heard what you said. I'm telling your supervisor you called me an asshole.
    Me: I. Did. Not. Call. You. An. Asshole.

Supervisor comes in and gets this sorted out. She has me write down my report of the events. She knows me well enough to know I don't call guests assholes, even when I hate their guts. I should be safe.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Is it bad that I'm thinking of "happy gilmore" now?

but bleh. that sucks. nothing like being treated like crap and then the SC tries to act like YOU were guilty of the things he himself did.

Comment

That's when I would remind the guest about libel and slander

Comment

Sandman: Had a guy (not a customer, just a guy) who has been coming into the newspaper office lately (relative runs a small paper) who loves to just hang out complaining for half an hour or more at a time...Apparently, he got arrested recently and they ran a mini article on him that -- for reasons they have yet to figure out -- referenced an unrelated conviction & sentence he served, that he had from 20+ years ago (the sort that requires one to *ahem* register with a certain agency every few months or if one moves). It also included some anecdote from the arresting officer that he disagreed with...And of course, he's trying to find out who wrote it (no way in HELL, don't want him stalking anyone), and accusing the paper of slander.

I was over by the office one time he came in, it took all of my willpower not to bust out the Spider-Man reference...

Besides, don't both of those require Malice, anyway? ~_~

Note -- I saw the article he was complaining about, and he DID have a point about "Why the hell did they include that quotation" ~_~ .. The issue is more that he has been showing up several times a month for several months and annoys the crap out of everyone, even though he's already received an Apology for the cop's comment (that the paper just quoted).
        Last edited by EricKei; 03-01-2013, 02:24 PM.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I probably would have been tempted too.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
            Is it bad that I'm thinking of "happy gilmore" now?
            Nope, because that was what I intended.
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
            X