Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yeah past sunset on to morning? No way we have the money to break a big bill. If we get up to that much in the till we automatically drop it into the safe to not have that much money.

It's a way to keep the cashiers safe because we broadcast it all over that we do NOT keep a lot of money in the tills. Robbers are less likely to hit the place when they know it's not worth it.

We only break hundreds when we have the twenties in the till to do it. We refuse if we don't have at least $60 (in twenties) if they buy more than $10 of stuff, or at least $80 (in twenties) if they buy less than $10.

Boss doesn't want us to feel forced to empty out our lower dollar amounts just for a $2.00 purchase.
    My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

AW - I can also see it as a safety issue, which they do seem to cover by broadcasting the fact that you don't keep much in the tills...I can see a robber going up to a register and saying "Hey, if I buy this, can you break a hundred?" - Cashier: "Sure" - Robber pulls out a gun and smiles "Good..."
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
      X