This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you like jelly with that= Rude

I was taking orders and collecting money for the drive through this morning when a women with a car full of people came through and placed a large order which consisted mostly of sausage biscuits. So I did what I always did when some one orders the sausage biscuit and asked them if they would like any jelly as it cuts down the time it takes them to get their order look through the bag and ask for it at the second window. Apparently this was the worst think I could have done. This was the conversation that occurred when the got to my window.

customer: Um don't you know that everything is suppose to come with jelly.
    Me: I just asked so they know which ones to put in the bag for you.
    Customer: That doesn't matter you just put what ever in the bag duh.
    Me: Well I am sorry about that here is your change have a great day.

Her tone was completely condescending throughout this exchange. I wanted to tell her that technically we are not suppose to even offer the jelly let alone automatically put it in the bag. I have no idea how her she took offence to me asking her "Would you like any grape or strawberry jelly today?" Thankfully my Manager didn't believe them when the complained that I was rude to them for no reason.

This is prove positive that some of these tools just LOOK for stuff, and invent stuff to be offended over.

So am I reading it right that not only were they assholes to you, but they actually COMPLAINED that you asked if they wanted jelly? Jesus.
    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
      This is prove positive that some of these tools just LOOK for stuff, and invent stuff to be offended over.
      Yes, they do. If you hadn't offered the jelly, they would've complained about that. You can't win.

Fortunately, your manager seems to know the game and didn't believe their BS. Would that all managers were so wise.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post

Fortunately, your manager seems to know the game and didn't believe their BS. Would that all managers were so wise.
        What bothers me the most about situations like this....the SCs always go away with that false sense of victory.

Comment

I think what's finally happened is that people are so used to being rude that they no longer understand what good customer service, or politeness, actually is. They just assume that anything that's not done the way they would do it must, by definition, be rude.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Hellzar View Post
            customer: Um don't you know that everything is suppose to come with jelly.
            Petroleum Jelly perhaps? Since... EVERYTHING comes with Jelly, go ahead and smear it on. they did ask....
            Tell a man there are 300 Billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you.
            Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he’ll have to touch to be sure.
            -Unknown Author

Comment

I had someone call me a jerk the other day, then call and complain about me. My horrible treatment of him? To tell him that we'd give him a refund on the non-working keys that we'd made for him, and recommend that he go to a professional locksmith.
              We'd already tried to make the key five times, and it hadn't worked. The sixth time is never the charm, but he apparently would rather waste his time running back and forth to the store than just go somewhere that has a better chance of making a working one.

Comment

You mean these SC's don't get enough jelly from the spines of other managers?
                To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

but I want to smear Jello all over the floor and set the couch on fire?????

I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                  -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Opalin View Post
                    Petroleum Jelly perhaps? Since... EVERYTHING comes with Jelly, go ahead and smear it on. they did ask....
                    Or KY, perhaps?
                    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

What peppergirl said.
                      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                        but I want to smear Jello all over the floor and set the couch on fire?????

Go away chicken heart! You won't come near smoke and fire and Jello!!

Seriously though, that 'lady' needs a life lesson in what constitutes rude. Someone coming up and smacking you for no reason? Rude! Asking if you'd like jelly with your /breakfast food/? Not rude. Class dismissed!
                        A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

seriously, she whined about being asked if she wanted jelly?

Hell... if it was me I'd have said "no thank you" cos .... it's sausage biscuits. i don't want jelly on those! bleh!

what I don't like is when i get asked 2-3 times if i want sauce on something, say "no" each time, and still get a sauce packet. it's annoying - but even then not so much as to make me complain. it'll just end up in the trash anyway. my life won't be over because i received a sauce (or a jelly) that i won't use.

Comment

Quoth IT Grunt View Post
                            Go away chicken heart! You won't come near smoke and fire and Jello!!
                            Jess' give it a lil' ole snakey lick...

Comment

Working...
                            X