Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drug store, drug store! It's a wonderful town!
    Blood sugar's up and the batteries down.
    CS creates a hole in the ground.

I've got five days here and not another minute
    To fill my script—or not.
    I'll find the romance and danger waiting in it
    Without my insulin shot
    But I've hair on my chest
    So what I like the best
    ...is havoc wrought!
    Last edited by nutraxfornerves; 08-16-2018, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Quoth nutraxfornerves View Post
      Blood sugar's up and the batteries down.
      CS creates a hole in the ground.
      New York New York
      New York is thataway!
      Thanks, kids!
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
        I agree with Buzzard. If I had a medication that was keeping me alive I'd be on top of that. I'm on top of the ones that don't but keep me functional. At least if I run out I don't die. Wow.
        I'm type 2 diabetic. You can bet I stay on top of the medication that keeps me out of the hospital. My hub takes a medication that keeps him clear of blood clots after getting one in his lung, which could have killed him. You can also bet he stays on top of that medication and gets prompt refills when he needs them. If he stopped paying attention to his medications I'd know something was wrong and I'd haul him to our doctor whether he liked it or not. I know sometimes people can't afford medications, but there's a difference between being unable to afford a medication and being irresponsible.

Comment

So many people do that, just not with insulin. They run out of medication, and it seems they always wait for 3 days after running out to request a refill. Of course, there are no refills, but then it is a dire emergency since they've been out for 3 days. All of the information is on the medication label, but people don't read it, and it's OUR fault they are out of refills!

Comment

I have a daily med. When it looks like I only have a couple of weeks worth, I call it in. I don't want to run out when its something I know very well needs to be taken care of on a regular basis.

OTOH, a year or so ago, there was a fire that stopped me from accessing my meds so I went to the same label place and they sold me 3 to let give me time to get home safely.

Comment

There was a study done on medical compliance, that we read in vet tech school. Animal owners seem to run in two groups - one set may buy the meds but is nothing near compliant about giving as directed. The other set will buy all of it and move heaven and earth to give it as directed. The study itself was (I think) only about humans and their own meds, and apparently, even cancer patients are not entirely compliant. And you'd think that cancer patients have an urgent need to be compliant!

Comment

Quoth Minflick View Post
                There was a study done on medical compliance, that we read in vet tech school. Animal owners seem to run in two groups - one set may buy the meds but is nothing near compliant about giving as directed. The other set will buy all of it and move heaven and earth to give it as directed. The study itself was (I think) only about humans and their own meds, and apparently, even cancer patients are not entirely compliant. And you'd think that cancer patients have an urgent need to be compliant!
                Twice now this spring/summer doggie has had a skin allergy (Vet said LOTS of cases going round this year) went to the vet got checkup and meds (steroid in pill form (twice a day for a few days then once a day then on every other day) , antibiotics (2x per day for 3 weeks) and medicated shampoo(twice per week)). I WILL follow this schedule because if I do not the skin rashes and bleeding and her scratching herself raw will occur again. Not happening.
                I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

We are seeing a huge uptick in allergies in dogs, and even some in cats. We can treat environmental allergies with Cytopoint, which is a weight dose dependent injection that can be like magic for some dogs. Gets spendy with big dogs, but lasts 4-8 weeks or sometimes longer, depending on the dog. Food allergies we try a hydrolyzed protein diet and see if they respond to that.

Comment

Quoth Minflick View Post
                    .... apparently, even cancer patients are not entirely compliant. And you'd think that cancer patients have an urgent need to be compliant!
                    If the medications involved have unpleasant withdrawal-type symptoms, compliance improves massively.

Or at least, it does in my case! My antidepressants give me a very unpleasant disconnected and dizzy feeling when I skip them for more than a day or so. Unpleasant enough that I have to go home and lie down. Haven't missed more than one dose in a row in quite a few years due to that!!
                    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                    One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                    The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Avoidance of a nasty feeling is good!

Comment

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
                        If the medications involved have unpleasant withdrawal-type symptoms, compliance improves massively.

Or at least, it does in my case! My antidepressants give me a very unpleasant disconnected and dizzy feeling when I skip them for more than a day or so. Unpleasant enough that I have to go home and lie down. Haven't missed more than one dose in a row in quite a few years due to that!!
                        Yeah, back when I was taking ADs, what I found was that the strength of the side effects was directly proportional to the rate of change in my blood levels.

Comment

Working...
                        X