This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kiss my ass, Mindreader!

While I do love the job at the car parts, I still attract the mean ones...

Story one: Right, I could guess how?

Me: Ta-daaaaaah
    SC: Just that.

On the phone

Me: "Blahblah parts, hello?"
    SC: "Yes, I need a fuel filter for a blah blah 94"
    Me: tikatikatik! "Yes sir, I got one on hand."
    SC: "It's in a special place in the gastank..."
    Me: "Can you describe it to me sir?"
    SC: "I don't know."
    Me: *goes to fetch filter* "Is it rectangular with a tube on top and on the bottom?"
    SC: "I don't know."
    Me: *asks co-worker if there is a kind of filter that goes in the gas tank. Co-worker said no.* "Well sir, All I can say is that we have a fuel filter for that vehicle on hand."
    SC: "Fine, I'll come pick it up."

SC arrives at store, looks at filter "It's not that!"

WELL WELL! aaaaaaaaand how was I supposed to know what you wanted, pray tell? Let's look at the video replay, shall we? 2 I dunnos from YOUR end of the phone! Here's me trying to get information out of you and failing miserably!

For the record, what he needed was a kind of catalyzer and we had none on hand. SC leaves dissatisfied. Because I didn't understand his secret Idunno language.

Story 2: You never have what I need!

Me: La Li Lu Le Lo
    MGS: Moron Goon Stupid

Me: Can I help you sir?
    MGS: Yes I need 3 of these! 6 of these! As many as you got of these!
    Me: *checks inventory* Let's see... We have only 1 of these, 3 of these and.... the other ones we don't have on hand. I can order them and we'll get them Monday.
    MGS: I can't believe this! All the times I've been shopping here, you never EVER EVER have what I need! Never! I need 3 of these, 6 of these and as much as you got of these!

Repeat the above complaint 10 times while picturing me calmly fetching what we do have in stock. Repeat 3 more while I prepare his bill, and one last time fading away as he goes to the front cash to pay.

Customer next to him "I know him, he's such an asshole! I mean f*ckin' rude! Me when I come here I'm respectful to you guys!" And he was.

Story 3: Kiss my ass!

Me: What just happened?
    SC: Easily offended

SC: Excuse me, do you have this? *shows 15 Amp fuse*
    Me: *finally recognizes fuses on sight and goes to fetch 2 out of the fuse drawer*
    SC: *bends over the counter as I prepare his bill. Tries to look at my screen.*
    Me: *stops, feels very uncomfortable with him looking at the screen. Customers aren't supposed to look at our screens for confidential information reasons*
    SC: What??
    Me: Well, um sir, usually customers don't lean over the counter so far... (thinks:and you're way within the range of my personal space so back off)
    SC: *grabs his fuses* Well then, I guess I'll have to be served by someone else! *walks off the other counter* And you can just kiss my ass!
    Me:

So... what the hell? Was I too polite or what? We ARE allowed/expected to joke around with some customers and with the really cheery ones we can pretend to refuse service as a joke, but that was....uncalled for.
    Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

I'm go\ing to threadjack here, sort of.

If there is any type of business that should deliver it is auto parts. A large part of the times I need something from the auto parts store is when my car doesn't go.

I'd love to be able to call up and tell them I need an infarctulator for my year of my model from my manfacturer and have someone bring it to me instead of having to get on my bike and go up and dow a few hills in scary traffic to get it.

Oh, and I also think that laundr-o-mats should be clothing optional.
    Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

Laundromats clothing optional?

All the more reason to keep doing laundry at my parents' house....

I'll agree with ya on the fact that I too wish car parts stores delivered. When I don't have a functional vehicle and no one can give me a ride, I'm pretty SOL!
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Mark Healey View Post

Oh, and I also think that laundr-o-mats should be clothing optional.
        Masochist.

You don't want to see me in my birthday suit. Trust me.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

"*walks off the other counter* And you can just kiss my ass!"

Take your glasses off and I will.
          "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Actually, we DO deliver. one end of the town in the morning, the other end in the afternoon.

We DO deliver, if you could at least provide us at the minimum with a description of what you need.

I mean, if you know WHERE it is, how can you not know WHAT it looks like? That's all I'm asking! I can take it from there.

I'm no car parts pro. I can only go with what I'm told. I have to decipher what the customers tell me, know which words to ignore in favor of what the customer might actually need.

I just can't work with "Idunnos".

That's another thing. How can you not know what you drive? I've had customers get mad at me "It's a Truck! I dunno, it's a truck!!! Can't you find that piece for it?"

No. There's like 30 kajillions kinds of trucks. I can't.
            Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

my only fear of nekid laundry mats - it would mostly be those you don't want to see nekid . . .

Seriously in clothing optional situations . . . .how often is it honestly good naked. (true some dancers are pretty . . .and the South of France is money honey - but for the most part)

When it comes to Auto bits and pieces . . . outside of windshield wipers . . .I don't even try on my own.
              It isn't that I wouldn't mind having some knowledge in that area . . .I just don't know anyone that can teach me.

Comment

Quoth Mark Healey View Post
                I'm go\ing to threadjack here, sort of.

If there is any type of business that should deliver it is auto parts. A large part of the times I need something from the auto parts store is when my car doesn't go.

I'd love to be able to call up and tell them I need an infarctulator for my year of my model from my manfacturer and have someone bring it to me instead of having to get on my bike and go up and dow a few hills in scary traffic to get it.
                When I worked for an auto parts warehouse I was a delivery driver so it just depends on who ya call
                I used to be disgusted... Now I'm just amused

Comment

Working...
                X