This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Because Thems the Rules!

If you're going to book a hotel room that someone else is paying for, you must include a photocopy of your drivers license, the card you're paying with and a signed Authorization form! This is company policy to insure this really is YOUR CARD and NOT SOMEONE ELSE'S! This cuts back on fraud!

On to the story.

This asshat calls me up a couple days ago and sets up a reservation, using his wife's credit card to pay for the room later. I was led to believe that the wife would be coming too, so I didn't tell him that she needed to sign an authorization form, since he wouldn't have the card on him either (not that it matters, I would still need to see her ID)

He calls this morning to confirm the reservation and tells Mrs. M. that he will be without his wife, who's name is on the card, blah blah blah. If you wanted this to be easy, you just made a big mistake.

Myriam tells him that since his wife isn't coming and it's her card, the wife will need to sign an authorization form.

He gets pissed.

He yells, screams, I think everything short of cussing her out. She gets off the line and tells our boss that the guy is a jackass and to keep an eye out because she figures he's going to complain. Asshats almost always do.

Myriam sends them the authorization form via e-mail and goes home. I takeover and get a call from Mrs Asshat.

Whine whine, bitch bitch; I didn't get my e-mail confirmation! I can't open the attachment! Send it again! I have no fax machine! Blah!

I finally get the form sent and they call me back!

Mr Asshat wants to know why we need a photocopy of Wify's Drivers License and a photocopy of the credit card! It has her name on it!

Well, sir, I can't be sure it has her name on it unless I see it for myself. Duh!

Then an argument which amounts to "I don't wanna!" ensues.

I tell them it's for safety's sake; we don't want to charge to the card if it's not her card. How would they feel if I took the reservation and it wound up stolen? Still, they can't see why they should give me their information.

Cue more arguing and another customer coming in and standing in front of me with a happy grin on his face. He's been here a couple days and loves watching the free entertainment when some wise-ass gets on the phone with me. He listens without saying anything.

The Asshats finally agree to send said required information and I warn my boss. If they had started a cussing match with me, I would have disconnected the line and canceled their reservation. Boy, I was just waiting for it!

I was so mad! The guest in the lobby turned into his family, whom I was familiar and friendly with as I have relatives in their neighborhood. They said they would wait while I disappeared to my office to scream.

The family laughed and I checked them back in as their truck was still being worked on. Poor things.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

What do you wanna bet he shows up without the authorization form and/or assorted copies?
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

I'm calling in sick that day!
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post

I'm calling in sick that day!
        what day is it... I can call in sick too and we can go up to Lagoon park (that's where most people in Utah go when they play hookey)
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

The third of next month. Let me just fill the gas tank up and I'm on my way!

Comment

When a customer's being an SC, Don't ever tell them the credit card and license are for their own protection. Go right into telling them it's to prevent your company from getting screwed and frauded by scammers and charletans. That puts them in the position of thinking you're saying calling them one of those and if theysay so, you can always respond that since you don't know them, they could be anyone just outta prison.
            Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
              The third of next month. Let me just fill the gas tank up and I'm on my way!
              or maybe by the 3rd of next month I'll be looking for another job and I can take a break from doing that...
              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
              X