This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple reports of suck

I haven't posted a good thread in a while, so I thought I'd report on all of the recent hobbyshop happenings.

But I want it fixed nooooooooooowwwwwww!

-About a month ago, this guy calls up and asks if the repair tech, Kevin, will install a cooling system on his RC boat. I went to Kevin and asked him if installing the cooling system required water(tune-ups and break-ins do), he said that it didn't and I informed the customer that he could do the installation for $xx.xx an hour, blah, blah, etc. I would have had Kevin feild the call himself if he wasn't already tangles up with another customer who needed help fixing his 5th scale buggy.

BTW: We don't have the proper facilities for RC boats, that would require a pool. So, we usually don't fix them.

Anyway, 20 minutes later, the guy brings his boat in, and Kevin tells him that it would get done on the weekend(there were several ppl infront of him for repairs). Obviously, he expected it done right then. He was so pissed at me for not telling him that it would get done on the weekend instead of that day, as if I would know something like that anyway.

I apoligized to the guy because I felt bad about it at first, but he kept going on and on about it. He was a real whiner, "I drove 20 minutes to get here, whine!"

I looked at him and said, "Sir, again I apoligize, I know how you feel. I have to drive that long to get here everyday." Seriously, I'm sick of ppl complaining to me about their long drive.

Also, I'm not a mind reader and an old saying about when people "ass-u-me" things comes to mind. All of our other customers have no problem waiting until the weekend, some of them bring their stuff in on Monday so they will be at the front of the line. If there's something you want to know before you bring your crap in, ask.

I'm gonna protest your store!

A couple weeks ago, one of our "backwoods" variety of customers bought a Traxxis brand RC truck. He didn't realize that the one-way bearing could get dirty so easily(it makes the truck harder to start) and he wanted his money back. He had already taken the truck out, ran fuel through it, and broke it in. It's his, period. If there is anything wrong with it after that point, like a factory defect, they have to deal with the manufacturer.

If we take it back, we would be violating our agreement with Traxxis and we could have our liscence to sell their products revoked. Considering Traxxis is a huge seller for us, we aren't going to risk it.

We told him that and he started yelling so the whole store could hear, "I'm gonna go out here and hold signs up to tell other people that you sell SHIT!"

Jon, one of our part-time techs, handled the situation as diplomaticaly(sp?) as possible. The SC vowed he would NEVER come back to our store. He even called our ex-manager who now works for our"competition" and complained about us to him, although I don't know why.

Just yesterday, the same SC was in here buying parts and fuel. They always come back.

In which Kevin almost pulled the race card.

This isn't about a customer, but it's funny anyway.

We have a black fed ex guy who we see about twice a week. The last time he was here, he unloaded the shipment and then pulled his electronic pad out for one of us to sign. He looked at Kevin and Swordsman422 and asked, "Which one of you signed for it last time? It's like I'm looking at twins, you all look the same." I looked at Kevin, I could tell he was thinking the same thing I was(when you work and live together, your thoughts kinda..."meld" together...ugh, it's bad enough we dress alike with the uniforms).

After the fed ex guy left, Kevin was all, "Why? Is it because we're white? I should have asked him that to see what he would do."
    Check out my cosplay social group!
    http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

I was almost an SC with my new radio-controlled toy (it's a Dalek! *ahem* Yes, I am a geek. I have come to terms with it.)

I was soooo excited to get it in the mail, had gone out ahead of time to get the batteries, and everything...and it didn't turn on! I could get it to do the "Try Me" features, but the control simply didn't work. I was furious! I planned on calling the company the next day to see about getting a replacement controller.

Just to be sure, I flipped the Dalek over, to double-check the switch there. I thne realized that the switch had 3 settings, not two. I had it set on Try Me. :blush:

In my defense, the Try Me and On were printed very close together, and the switch moved over smoothly instead of stopping between OFF and TRY ME.

After recovering from my own idiocy, I then had hours of fun sending the Dalek off to exterminate things in the living room.

So, um. yeah. People can get reaaaaaally upset when it comes to their toys. Sorry you had to deal with such jerks!
    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Quoth Gabrielle Proctor View Post
      It's like I'm looking at twins, you all look the same
      Everyone looks the same to me. Two eyes, a nose, a mouth. Hair on their heads (Unless it's Dave). Unless you're missing something or ya come in a LOT then I can't tell one person from another (some customers seriously need to wear name tags).

Sad part? Try explaining to someone that ya can't watch their stuff because ya might not give it back to them because ya can't remember what the hell they looked like (Did that Saturday, I was looked at like "Ch, LAZY BRAT").
      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Thay want you to look after their stuff ? Ask for their names, write it down, and tell 'em they'll need to show you some ID if they want their stuff back. That or just tell 'em "Aw, hell, no !'
        "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Okay, Samaliel, seriously, how often do you think someone would actually have their ID with them? All things consider, I'm only at work to push stuff to the floor and get people out of my store so I can clean up their MESS.
          Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

lol dalek. We don't sell daleks, the doctor is a good customer.
            Check out my cosplay social group!
            http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

This Dr. talk reminded me of a news story from earlier this week. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7465041.stm
              A UFO spotted above Cardiff!!! They didn't say if it was square and blue though.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                Okay, Samaliel, seriously, how often do you think someone would actually have their ID with them? All things consider, I'm only at work to push stuff to the floor and get people out of my store so I can clean up their MESS.
                Hey, they're the ones who want you to keep their stuff. They should bend to your rules. And I always carry my ID on me. Just in case.
                "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth jerkface11 View Post
                  This Dr. talk reminded me of a news story from earlier this week. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7465041.stm
                  A UFO spotted above Cardiff!!! They didn't say if it was square and blue though.
                  If that photo's meant to be the UFO, I've solved the mystery. It's an helicopter.

Comment

Working...
                  X