This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk about a short memory

Last week we did a re-configuration of an area. The company was too cheap to hire an electrician to re-run the power lines properly for this new set-up, so we had to make do. This was a pain but a problem that could be handled except for two stations. There was no existing power feed, and they were separate from all the other panels so there was no way to connect them. I noticed this in our first meeting when we were looking at plans, I confirmed it when we did a walk-through of the area. We came up with a solution - regular power bars plugged into regular wall outlets run underneath the panels, the built in panel outlets would be dead.

We did the job, I reminded him of it while it was being worked on, I reminded him off it on the post completion walk-through.

This was a week ago. I just get a phone call 10 minutes ago, seeing as it's 9:00 pm, you can bite me, I let it go to voice mail.

The assclown is furious over the defective electrical that we put in. I know for sure that it's these two stations because he tells me that it's the two separate from the others and that we only ran power cords underneath. Geez, I guess specifically pointing things out to a dumbass 4 times isn't enough.
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Quoth evilhomer View Post
    Geez, I guess specifically pointing things out to a dumbass 4 times isn't enough.
    Nor would any amount of warnings be enough.
    Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

The shipped my store some independent(all in one, "portable" like a home fridge not where the condenser is on the roof and refrigerant lines arr run to it) 220V coolers to display sale specific sales items on. The told us exactly where they wanted them. We had a electrician in the store a few weeks before installig the outlets.

Well we go to place the coolers and discover that they never installed the outlets in the correct place. The DM said, in a e-mail, to put the coolers where the available outlets were and they would come out and fix it. Someone higher up found out, had someone else come in and removed the coolers from the store. A week later they put the outlets in the correct place but refused to give us the coolers back.

Comment

We built a new building, with several areas custom-designed for the people who would work in them. At least two are unhappy with what they asked for because it doesn't work in a useful way. It's what they asked for. It's what they signed off on, on the plans. One for example is unhappy there's no sliding door in a certain place, but a fixed window ... as was requested ... by him.

Comment

"Careful what you wish, you just might get it" seems the appropriate thing to say.
          "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
            We built a new building, with several areas custom-designed for the people who would work in them. At least two are unhappy with what they asked for because it doesn't work in a useful way. It's what they asked for. It's what they signed off on, on the plans. One for example is unhappy there's no sliding door in a certain place, but a fixed window ... as was requested ... by him.
            That's a problem I see constantly. A paint colour is a micro shade different than the sample, the layout is different that what they thought it would be, they just don't like it now that they see it. Fortunately it's not my job to listen to them whine, as long as I did my job right, there's other people to change their diapers.
            D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
            Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

Working...
            X