Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont know what my IQ is, but I know what a motherboard is, and I give good backrubs....

I'm only one province over.
    Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
      Well Oiled Machine

Me: “and your phone number please?”
      SC: “Ah, hang on a sec……hmmm…..sorry, I have too many numbers in my head.”

Just do what I do and purge any and all numerical information within 30 seconds of receiving it. Seriously, I could repeat a number back to a caller 9 times but 3 seconds after I hit F4 that information is gone. I couldn’t even tell you the area code. Years of being a CSR have honed my mind into the perfect call information processing system. I can recall anything with unflinching clarity for roughly 30 seconds on a call in exchange for completely losing it within 5 seconds of disconnecting lest it use up precious system resources. My mind is like a steel trap reinforced with a handful of used straws out of the trash bin at McDonalds’.
      It's true! My brain did the same thing when I was a CSR! I never really realized it before, but you're absolutely right!

Perhaps that's part of the reason I struggled through my first statistics class in college...

Of course, now it's changed a bit. Now I remember computer model numbers and all of their specs for about four months, which is the amount of time it takes for a computer to enter our inventory for active selling, sell through, close out, and for all customers who bought it to reach the "point-of-no-returns."
      I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
      - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
      - IPF

Comment

Your powers combined cannot lower the rate below $59 nor summon Captain Planet. If you even wanted too that is. I always thought he was kind of a knob myself. I mean seriously, what the hell? I don't want the fate of the world resting on the shoulders of a superhero that can be taken out by spraying him in the face with Pam.
        I couldn't recall Captain Planet, so I used the great power that is Google. "Captain Planet and the Planeteers" may have been intended to be environmentalist. However, reading the description on Wikipedia, sounded rather pagan to me.

I prefer Captain Caveman....

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
        You need a pretty girl to rub your back for you.
        Well if you know any that are willing and within driving distance, speak up. =p But they have to have an IQ of at least 115-120 and know what a motherboard is.
        EQ, wanna swing by and pick me up? I'm sure he won't mind two pretty girls that are smart and know what a motherboard is!
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Well if you know any that are willing and within driving distance, speak up. =p But they have to have an IQ of at least 115-120 and know what a motherboard is.
          Damn, 2/3 ><

You know what's worse than a partner who doesn't know what a motherboard is? A partner who THINKS he knows what a motherboard is, and everything else to do with computers, when in fact he has the IT ability of a toenail clipping.

I had an ex that thought he was all that and then some with his PC's (he had TWO... this was the 90's, so that made him think he was awesome).. when in reality he called .exe files "exiliary", presumably confusing the word "auxiliary" somehow. You know the type I mean.
          Last edited by Spiffy McMoron; 06-23-2008, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
            EQ, wanna swing by and pick me up? I'm sure he won't mind two pretty girls that are smart and know what a motherboard is!
            Sure thing. Have your bags packed in ten minutes.
            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I know that a mother board it a part of a computer.
              My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

Me: “and your phone number please?”
                SC: “Ah, hang on a sec……hmmm…..sorry, I have too many numbers in my head.”
                Not tempted just the least bit to chime in with "I only have ten in mine - I just rearrange them all the time.".....?

Well if you know any that are willing and within driving distance
                Well. That's not gonna open a can of worms.......

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                often stereotypically associated with a low socio-economic class, a striking dress sense and criminal activity.
                A "striking" dress sense?

Oh Wiki, that's either the euphemism or pun of the year.

Comment

Inside this box is the grail you seek.
                  "He chose......poorly....."
                  "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                    A "striking" dress sense?

Oh Wiki, that's either the euphemism or pun of the year.
                    Yes. Striking. As in painful.

Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

The best way to define Chav is to think Ali G. If you've seen the movie though his skinny friend is a better example.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                        I couldn't recall Captain Planet, so I used the great power that is Google. "Captain Planet and the Planeteers" may have been intended to be environmentalist. However, reading the description on Wikipedia, sounded rather pagan to me.
                        I remember that show.

Here's the premise: A group fo teenagers with 5 elemental rings can summon a hero with all of their powers magnified, Captain Planet! His purpose? To fight pollution!

His weakness? Pollution!

That's right, boys and girls... he's here to fight pollution, but if he so much as TOUCHES the stuff, he loses all of his powers. AND he had a mullet.

He was quite possibly the gayest superhero from my childhood. And my childhood had Aquaman.
                        Check out my webcomic!

Comment

itd be awesome if you said "We are the Borg, you will be assimilated, resistance is futile and have a nice day" to someone from 867

Comment

I thought he was cool, but yeah, when you think about it, it doesn't make sense. But then every episode of Smallville I've seen included kryptonite in one form or another, causing all sort of havoc. Stupidest episode I can remember : kryptonite particles in rocks used in a sauna gave the football team coach pyrokinetic abilities. Makes. No. Sense.
                            "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post
                              I thought he was cool, but yeah, when you think about it, it doesn't make sense. But then every episode of Smallville I've seen included kryptonite in one form or another, causing all sort of havoc. Stupidest episode I can remember : kryptonite particles in rocks used in a sauna gave the football team coach pyrokinetic abilities. Makes. No. Sense.
                              Actually, Kryptonite made EVERYTHING super.

Bitten by bugs irradiated with Kryptonite? Super powers.
                              Get a tattoo using ink with Kryptonite in it? Super powers
                              Drown in a lake full of Kryptonite? Super powers
                              Use Kryptonite as nitro in your car? Super powered car
                              Check out my webcomic!

Comment

Me: “Ok, can I have your nam-“
                                SC: “I CAN BARELY HEAR YOU!!!!”
                                Sounds like every phone conversation I've been having for WEEKS.

Time for a new cell phone for Becks.
                                Unseen but seeing
                                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                                3rd shift needs love, too
                                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                                X