This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They are such spoiled children

With apologies to all mature, well behaved children across the world for comparing you all to these sacks of s....... sugar.

We just finished a workstation shuffle. Along with people changing workstations, we reconfigured some cubicles as well. Every effort was made to keep everything uniform, but we ran out of certain extras and couldn't give them to everyone.

So I'm in there doing a post move clean up, handling any complaints and deficiencies. I get one such call from someone "missing" a shelf. I've got to pull one off of a vacant station and install it on hers.

The problem I've got here is that the dumbass who designed these workstations made it so that everything has to be done in order. Step 2 will block your access to accomplish step 1, step 3 blocks step 2, and so on. Seeing as this shelf is step 5 of 20, this is a major pain in the heiny. Fortunately I'm good enough and can cheat enough to get around this flaw, but it's quite a bit of trouble.

On to problem deux. Once again the moron designer screwed up. If the stations are as little as an inch out of square, access to the holding rails is squeezed out. I had to fight, pry, scream and cry but finally got it to work. All said, the 30 second job of putting this in at step 5 took me over half an hour at step 21.

And what do I get at the end of this ordeal? "Oh, thanks... I don't really need one but everyone else has one so I had to get one too."

You don't need it. You don't want it. You aren't going to use it. But you had to have it. Just like that spoiled brat who was walking along content as anything until he saw another child with ice cream. Then all hell breaks loose.
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Too bad that you can't make them pay for the cublicle, and for your labour. Otherwise, Mr. EW should find a place to take that cubicle. Guess where. >:-|
    "Otherwise you are free to keep putting your hope in leprechauns, horseshoes and unicorn farts."-Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
    X