This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm funny! HAHA

I love business expos. Part of my job is representing my company at some expos, and trying to get people to join. They're a lot of fun, because everyone there has a sense of humor towards SC's and their behavior. War stories are exchanged and such, I'll mention the website , etc.

Anyway, I just went to one the other day. This was that particular town's first business expo, so things were not without their snags. First, the power went out () for quite a long time before the expo started, and, it being in a large windowless area, setting up was impossible.
    Fortunately, the power went on a half hour after setup was supposed to start, which everyone helped the rental company set up the tables and curtains. No one was mad or anything, it went very smoothly after that.
    However, because we ran late in setting up, most expo people had not had the time to move their cars until after the expo officially started, so at 5, the parking lot was full. People were getting cars moved as soon as they could, but again, it couldn't be helped!

One of the people in charge of the expo shared with me and a few other expo people and marketers that a man had called and chewed her out about the lack of parking. He had told her that he will NEVER come to the expo again because of it. (overreact much?)
    It was at this point my brain to mouth filter failed and I moaned in response to his threat, "WHY don't rude people realize we LOVE when they do that?"

Cue a thunderous roar of laughter from many business owners as well as the town MAYOR.

Other than that, it was very successful for a first year expo!
    "I, too, am saddened by the lack of hookers in this thread." -LingualMonkey

I don't think anything that gets a reaction like that should fall under the "BTMF" category, awesome story Nakajo!
    Your true character is who you are when no one is looking.
    --Unknown

Comment

Nicely done.

Comment

Working...
      X