Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Secrets of the Chupacabra! (and more!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Secrets of the Chupacabra! (and more!)

I had a whole list of things to share on here, but i just don't really feel like typing it all. These are the ones that seem worth penning:

El Chupacabra

So we had a prank caller try again today, I have been a long study of Cryptozoology and urban myths, so this really made my day:

ME: Thank you for calling OUR Store-Mart, How may I direct your call?
    SC: I need *mumble mumble* for *mumble*....pacabra.... *giggles are heard in background*
    ME: A what?
    SC: I need a trap for a Chupacabra... *more giggles*
    ME: Just use a goat.
    SC: Huh?
    ME: Yeah, a goat. That'll be the best thing you can do to catch a Chupacabra.
    SC: *silence*
    ME: Anything else I can help you with?
    SC: Yeah I need holy bullets for *mumble mumble*
    ME: yeah, I'm hanging up now.

Second Call:

ME: *spiel*
    SC: *giggles* I need to know the best knife to skin a Chupacabra.
    ME: Next time try "is your refridgerator running". *click*

Price Check Lady

We had this lady call about 5 times each time asking for a price check on a certain item. We are extrordainarily understaffed, especially after 9pm at night. I'm the only one at the service desk, we have less cashiers than we need, and usually only one CSM. Tonight we luckily had two, but this lady was getting annoying. You see I have a lot to do to close the desk by myself- money transfers, money orders, retruns, exchanges- and someone in between I have to sort endless carts and dump each of the 21 departments into their own carts, and get them orginized, along with sweeping, cleaning and counting slips. This stupid lady kept calling interrupting my work, and both my CSMs from their jobs, our last call went like this:

ME: *spiel*
    SL: Yeah, could I get a price check on this and this.
    ME: Yes m'am, one second.
    SL: Sure...
    ME: M'am did I talk to you earlier about this, this, this, this, and this?
    SL: yes....
    ME: Alright, well I'm going to ask if there is anything else I can do for you before I send her to do the price check. We are really short staffed and we can't keep sparing people.
    SL: ohh....no....

It may have been mean, but seriously, have everything you want checked ready or do it yourself. We're not your personal service!

The Amazing Bill Douchewaffle!

He smells springtime fresh!

Argh, this guy was a week or two ago, but he came in and asked if we did bill payments, like to your electric company. I explained to him that we do Moneygram express payments, but we don't do just plain bill payments. He asked where does it, I shruged a little and said I thought 7/11 did it. The guy then gave me that sc look and asked "you think they do?". I repeated, I thought they did but I wasn't sure. This forced him to launce into a tirade about how I should know, and why didn't I know and blah blah blah too much to type. After literally 10 minutes of me explaining its NOT my job to know, I was just trying to be helpful, he finally huffed and puffed and asked how to get there. I grew up in this town, I know how to get places. I directed him to a left out of our parking lot, and straight across the street. He then agrued that you couldn't go straight at the light, and you had to turn right. I finally gave him a huffy "if you think so" and left him.

ARRRRGH

Is there ...anything....up there?

We have this one customer who is the most aggrivating lady in the universe. The most aggrivating part is that she's not mean, shes just....not smart. I avoid her, she is so annoying. She makes me do her 6 money orders only AFTER I cash her check, instead of just taking them from the check, she lays out all her money and gets so upset if you touch any of it before she's done she has to start over, the shortest I've ever spent with this woman has to be at least 15 minutes!

A week or two ago she had insisted she had activated her visa money card (you know how you have to call when you get a debit card) when she hadn't. After going round and round her daughter literally ripped the card out of her hand and called the number, while their old fart friend went on about how calling to activate cards was a government conspiracy.

Today I came back from break to find her argueing with my CSM and the coworker I was training. She added money to her card two ways, and because of the updates it took a second for the card to update. I don't know how long she was there, but it had to have been a while. Finally I just interjected and suggested they check the balance on the computer, and that settled it.

Gatorade Dork

A kid came up to my coworker the other day complaining he had been charged 6.98 per single drink of gatorade. Turns out he had just ripped them out of packs on the self, instead of just getting the COLD singles out of the cooler, or the ROOM TEMP ones on the self RIGHT NEXT TO THEM!!!!

*cries*
    "I just figured you would be terrified, and I would be sarcastic about it."

The first phone call sounded more like that kid was being egged on to do it. Or just fails entirely.

The rest is just...wow. Especially the Gatorade kid. That was special.
    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Working...
    X