Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was the odd one who loved my uniform (floor legnth wollen kilt and a polo shirt).

I am always amazed my the fitting room sucks on this site.

Comment

You do seem to get the most disgusting behaviour from people in fitting rooms. I think people treat them like public lavatories - once the door closes, they can't see me, so i don't have to pretend to be a normal human being any more.

Most schools in the UK have uniform as well. Most state schools (public schools) require kids to wear e.g dark trousers, white shirts and perhaps a school sweater and tie, but the trousers / skirts and shirts can come from any chain store. My daughter is at private school and her uniform does NOT come from a chain store, it comes from one particular horribly expensive department store, where even little blue blouses for 5 year olds cost an arm and a leg....fortunately the school has a flourishing second-hand shop, so a lot of her uniform comes from there.
      A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
      - Dave Barry

Comment

My daughter’s public school uniform consists of a white shirt with sleeves (short or long) and a collar and khaki shorts (knee length), slacks, or skirt (also knee length). There is a lot of variation allowed in the designs of the shirts and the pants and they are allowed to wear any color of t-shirt sold at the school instead of the white shirt with collar (great PTA fundraiser!).

It is a little difficult to find that much khaki color, but it is not impossible - and there is no “official” uniform that we needed to buy.
        Last edited by South Texan; 10-01-2008, 01:13 PM.
        "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
        .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
          Wow! I live under a rock!
          You've never seen a movie either? LOL (Just teasing, but off the top of my head, I can think of dozens of movies where school uniforms were featured)
          GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
            Wow! I live under a rock!
            All of Pasadena ISD, Channelview, La Porte (I think), Friendswood, and several other school districts around here have school uniforms.
            MySpace

Comment

Quoth Blckroses View Post
              I can't stand those types of people.
              Oh yes, I know them well! I too work part-time in retail, and in an office during the day. The other fun part is when you only work a few days a week, come in, and the whole floor set is changed, or stuff has been put in the back, due to the fact we are almost sold out. So when someone asks for an item, sometimes it takes a few minutes to figure out if its on the floor, or in the stockroom. Part of my store's service IS to offer to look for something at another store, or in the back, which I'm fine with (we can search on the registers first to see if we even have any, which saves running to the back all the time). My favorite is, when you do a search, say for the entire state, and it comes back with a list of stores that have the item in question.

Now, customers will sometimes ask does x store have it, and I'll say, I will check the entire state. So I do, and will say, y and z stores have it, those are the closest ones. They will then say, well what about x? um no, if x had it, i would have mentioned it!

We also have options too for getting items for customers from other stores. We call, the store looks, and if they have the item, they can either have it held, or sent to them. For sending it, its a flat fee. We can also have the item sent to our store, if they prefer. However, the fee still applies! I can't tell you how many customers get pissed that we charge to have something sent to the store, instead of their home! Um, well, if we didn't charge, we would have MORE crap than we already do in the back! They think they're being sneaky, avoiding a fee!

And yes, there is nothing worse than going into a fitting room, and finding crap all over! I don't care if you don't put it back on the hanger the correct way, that's my job, but at least hang it up! I am not your maid!
              Last edited by MadMike; 10-02-2008, 03:23 AM. Reason: Excessive quoting

Comment

Wow...school's been in session for weeks now (nearly two months where I'm at) and they are complaining because you don't have the size they need?

At my store, we are about to clearance what we have out. We started with two to four racks in each department and are down to about half a rack in each one. Fortunately, we carry dockers in boys 4-20 year round so at least the boys always have polos and pants they can buy. School uniform stuff...it's just not something a lot of retailers keep year round.

I don't even think the local Targets have their school uniform stuff still in stock. (I think they had French Toast brand...)

Comment

I forgot to mention the SCs who are amazed that we no longer have any summer stuff in stock! Its October, and we've had fall, moving into winter, stuff for at least a month now! I don't mind if someone asks, and accepts the response we give them, but honestly, some people think we're holding out on them because we have no more short sleet tees or shorts! I'm sorry we don't have what you're looking for, but that doesnt' give you the right to be nasty!

Comment

For the first school I attended, the uniform was carried by one of the city's main department stores. They had (and probably still do) a little department devoted to uniforms, so they were available all year if necessary. Interestingly, the same department also sold custom nametags - not a coincidence, I suspect.

Comment

Quoth JoitheArtist View Post

dressing rooms literally KNEE DEEP in clothing
                      isn't that just disgusting? When i worked at Macy's, that was pretty much a weekly occurrence. I know one time i spent an hour and a half doing nothing but picking clothes up off the floor in the fitting room.
                      Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post

As for my work uniforms, all of mine have holes in the underarms.
                        All of my workshirts have holes of various shapes and sizes, but none of them are too terribly big.

Oh, except for one. That one has small stains from bleach or some cleaner with bleach in it.

One of my pairs of work pants has a big black stain from a marker becoming uncapped and bleeding through the fabric.

Yes, I wear these to work. Nobody's told me they're unacceptable. Nobody really takes a look at me when I'm unloading trucks or stocking merchandise.
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Rosakala, have some
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                          X