This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A violation of my privacy!!!

Me: Senior Case Manager, this is dekydrose, how can I help you?
    SC: Yes, I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in (city, state) last night and they kicked me out. I have been on the phone with incompetent people for the past hour and I want this resolved now! I want 100,000 points for the stress that I have experienced and for the inappopriate behavior that your hotel has employed. Me: Sir, if the hotel kicked you out....there must have been a reason. What happened?
    SC: I refused to leave the room when housekeeping came to service my room. I started to insult them and made some of the staff cry. That doesn't matter, they're just housekeepers...probably illegal anyway. If they don't want to get treated as lesser beings they should get an education and geta real job and learn english while they are at it. Then the maid missed a spot in the bathtub which I did not notice when they were in there cleaning so I went to the front desk to complain and I was told that they would send housekeeping back up. That was unacceptable. I'm platinum. I told the front desk clerk that he would get off his minimum wage paying ass and he would come up and clean my room. I told him that if I told him to bark like a dog, he would do this. He still refused to clean and told me houskeeping would need to. I called him some stuff, threw some things at him, and then went to my room. An hour later, the General Manager of the property called me and told me he had me berating his hotel staff on camera and that I needed to leave or he would call the police.
    Me: Um....ok...so you abused his staff and the manager asked you to leave....Sir, I do not see anything indicating the hotel has acted inappropriately thus far.
    SC: Did you not hear the part at the end? Are you deaf? I said the manager told me he had ME on VIDEO. I never consented to be videotaped! This is a violation of my privacy and of my civil rights afforded to me as a citizen of this fine country! Do you not think that is a violation of privacy?
    Me: No, the camera was not in your room. It was in the public lobby. And being videotaped without your consent does not void the fact that you mistreated the hotel staff and that the hotel has the right to refuse service. We absolutely support the hotel.

Rinse, wash, repeat (this literally went in circles for 20 plus minutes). Eventually he tells me that I'm ignorant and that he left his phone at the hotel. He also tells me that he wants the hotel to erase all of his personal information since he fears retaliation from the hotel staff. I then call the hotel and speak to the General Manager.
    General Manager tells me that he has the phone and the guest can pick it up and that they can not erase his personal information. I relay this to the guest who freaks out about the personal information and says he will be at the hotel around noon.
    30 minutes after speaking to the hotel (so yes, this call lasted me over an hour) and of the guest repeating himself and of me repeating myself, the guest disconnects.
    The General Manager calls me after the guest stopped by to update me on what happened. The guest pulls up to the hotel and calls from a cell phone (I guess he has 2?) and tells them to bring it out. the General Manager walks outside and the guest rolls down his window and starts SCREAMING "DROP IT! DROP IT RIGHT THERE!! DON'T COME ANY CLOSER!!!" and repeating himself. The General Manager told me he took great pleasure in continuing to walk to the car and then tossing the phone in the window.
    I asked him if he hit the guest with the phone, he said no and then asked "is it bad that I wanted to?" My response? No...I was going to say the exact same thing...is it bad that I wanted you to?

Idiot...

Holy crap. Here's a great example of people we, as a planet, just don't need. At least he's smart enough to realize that someone from that hotel might want to kick his ass.

My solution? Fire this guy out of a cannon and into the sun. But, I'm given to suggesting that for most everyone.
    Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

I would have taken the opportunity to do EXACTLY what they asked.

I wonder how high it would have bounced on the concrete if dropped?

Comment

I'd imagine there's a line in the contract he signed in the fine print saying "Agreeing to stay at our hotel gives us the right to videotape your actions while outside your room," or something similar. Otherwise, he'd be angry about random people walking up and down the hallway at all hours of the night.
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Are you kidding me? The dumbass actually admitted to doing all that? And didn't even try to justify himself beyond "I'm platinum"? That's a special kind of entitled asshole right there. "I get to treat people like shit because I *want* to goddamnit." It makes me sad that there's people like that.
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
            <snip?"I get to treat people like shit because I *want* to goddamnit." It makes me sad that there's people like that.
            I dunno Darth Vader is still pretty awesome

Comment

Guys.. COMON..

He's PLATINUM!!!

That means the rules for civility and common decency DO NOT APPLY!!! what.. were you educated in PUBLIC SCHOOL??

oh...

Let me ENRICH YOU...

1. People who attend college are better than you.
              2. People who attend Ivy League colleges are better than the ragamuffins who DIDN'T get mummsy and Pops to bribe snookums's way into exclusivity do better than community college.
              3. Brown people are SERVANTS!! ALWAYS!!!
              4. Do as you are told, and you MIGHT be paid .. MIGHT!
              5. Having more money means I win. No.. shut up, I WIN!!! SO THERE NYAH...

Comment

There was a video camera in the lobby?

Considering how many hotels I've been in....I wonder how many of them have me doing the chicken dance?
                Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Oh wow, I'd like to see what happens when this guy goes through airport security... OMG, they are looking inside my bag, violation of privacy, OMG the security area is under video survailance, the world is coming to an end.

Oh, and a Holiday Inn manager with a spine... how refreshing
                  (for that matter, Holiday Inn employees doing a good job under stress, how refreshing... no offense to HI employees on the board, but seriously, if I had a dollar for every reservation crisis y'all had while I was in the macro department... I wouldn't have to be working to pay my way through college).

eta- dekyrose, is it true that GR can bring up records on complaints against any hotel, even the ones that have left the system?
                  If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Someday this dickhead is going to behave this way to the wrong "peon", who will unfortunately wind up in jail.

Comment

Quoth Grumpy View Post
                      Someday this dickhead is going to behave this way to the wrong "peon", who will unfortunately wind up in jail.
                      Or stabbed. Not advocating, just saying - some folks don't have great anger management skills and he may end up really hurt by someone.
                      Interesting Fodder: http://interestingfodder.typepad.com

Comment

Wow. Think he's related to http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=35171

Comment

Ooh, I would've done as instructed and dropped his phone all right. Onto the concrete. But it would've taken a metric ton of willpower not to drop it "with force". It may mean I'm petty, but I'm not kidding. I'd have twitching muscles from holding back that pitch.
                          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

What a complete asshat, he is lucky that everyone at the hotel kept their temper.

Comment

Quoth ebonyknight View Post
                              I would have taken the opportunity to do EXACTLY what they asked.

I wonder how high it would have bounced on the concrete if dropped?
                              Exactly what I was thinking.
                              wouldn't lube work better in a f***ing machine?
                              ----
                              Yes, that’s right. It’s a pair of gold foil headphones. Gold foil. Finally, headphones just as awful as your taste in music.

Comment

Working...
                              X