Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my world, my parking space, mine. mine.

First of all - no offense to anyone who drives an SUV. I'm sure you have one little kid or a dog that require the safety and/or space of such a fantastic vehicle - but seriously what is it with people who drive SUVs?
    For example, picture the following scenario:

There is a strip of parking spaces directly in front of our store. They are all empty except for one. An old lady has parked there. She is putting something in the back seat. The back driver's side door is open and sticking into the parking space directly next to her. She is very old and hence very slow. Very slow.
    A woman in an SUV starts to pull in beside her, slams on the brakes when she sees the obstructing door. Instead of slightly backing up and pulling into one of the other 8 open spaces, she sits right where she is and waits. And waits. And waits. On her cell phone.
    Cars behind her cannot pass her because her SUV is taking up the whole lane. Traffic begins to build up. The old lady is still poking around in her car with the door open.
    Cell-phone lady in the SUV HONKS at the old lady. The old lady jumps and gets into her car and closes the door. SUV cell phone lady pulls into the much desired and long awaited spot.
    She gets out of her car with a pre-paid envelope in her hand, walks into the store, drops it on the counter, exits, gets back into her car, and leaves. The cell phone has not detached itself from her head at any point.

/murder.

what a bitch...if that were my mother/granmother/relative I wouldve been pissed.

Comment

What a self-absorbed bitch!
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Words cannot describe right now what I would love to do to that woman.

I get agitated at old people walking slow and being slow, but anyone with common sense would have parked SOMEWHERE ELSE! It's not like any parking spot is more special than the others......

Although I do find it interesting the lady in question parked then walked, instead of just pulling up to the door to mail her crap like real scum would do. The ultimate EW would have parked in the fire lane or bus loading zone.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

As we all know, walking more than five feet is difficult for SCs and EWs.
          "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

I actually drive a Chevrolet Astrovan, which is big enough I'd consider it an SUV. I do this because my father bought it for our cross-country trip in 2000, when I was 10 years old, and then replaced it with a new one because it was a good car when he heard '05 would be the model's last year. We've used it to haul our camper back and forth from new york to PA several times, and I've helped a couple friends move.

My driving it primarily also has something to do with the fact that it's the only automatic transition vehicle my parents own that my mother doesn't use on a daily basis, and I'm still not comfortable driving stick (I can, I prefer not to.)
            "Darling, you are a bitch. I'm joining the Navy." -Cinema Guy 4/30/2009

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYHhhVhMFF8

Maybe...just maybe this is what this little old lady is thinking about doing to that big ol' SUV.

Also, maybe that cell-addicted lady should have to live like that little old lady did when she was younger. You know, having to farm your own food, having to worry about your kids and if there was going to be enough food on the table for them....that sort of thing. To learn that having friends is important, but also to learn how NOT to alienate people so that you can ask them for help if you need it.

By the way, isn't it illegal, not to mention dangerous, to use a cell phone while driving and NOT using a hands-free device?
              "Otherwise you are free to keep putting your hope in leprechauns, horseshoes and unicorn farts."-Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
                As we all know, walking more than five feet is difficult for SCs and EWs.
                you give them too much credit...

Quoth RageAgainstTheManagement View Post
                By the way, isn't it illegal, not to mention dangerous, to use a cell phone while driving and NOT using a hands-free device?
                dangerous, most definitely, illegal, well that depends on where they are... many states do still allow people to use cell phones while driving.
                If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

To the best of my knowledge my home (Pennsylvania) has yet to pass that law. I personally don't like it for the same reason I don't like the seat belt law, or the helmet law for bikers, but then again, I'm a strong believer in the idea that there are some people nature just didn't intend to reproduce.
                  "Darling, you are a bitch. I'm joining the Navy." -Cinema Guy 4/30/2009

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                    I get agitated at old people walking slow and being slow, but anyone with common sense would have parked SOMEWHERE ELSE! It's not like any parking spot is more special than the others......
                    yea, it's not the all-star game, they aren't going to say "customers, look under your cars to see if you've won $1 million" in the 7th inning stretch

Comment

I'm kind of a jerk, I won't lie. If I'm standing next to my car with the door wide open and someone comes flying into the space next to me, then slams on their breaks and gets all pissy. I ignore them and pretend to be busy for as long as necessary to make them go away. I'm just stubborn like that.
                      "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

I've yet to see a vehicle actually be responsible for a person's actions. She'd have been a bitch if she were driving a compact.

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
                        ~Clerks

Comment

Quoth NightWatch View Post
                          I'm kind of a jerk, I won't lie. If I'm standing next to my car with the door wide open and someone comes flying into the space next to me, then slams on their breaks and gets all pissy. I ignore them and pretend to be busy for as long as necessary to make them go away. I'm just stubborn like that.
                          Agreed, but I would have paused to put my foot onto their bumper and tie my shoelace.

It's very dangerous to have a loose shoelace, y'know...
                          "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
                            Agreed, but I would have paused to put my foot onto their bumper and tie my shoelace.

It's very dangerous to have a loose shoelace, y'know...
                            Haha!! You win the jerk contest! You rock.
                            "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Quoth Shards View Post
                              To the best of my knowledge my home (Pennsylvania) has yet to pass that law. I personally don't like it for the same reason I don't like the seat belt law, or the helmet law for bikers, but then again, I'm a strong believer in the idea that there are some people nature just didn't intend to reproduce.
                              See, my problem with not having those laws is there's always the chance (and usually a strong one around here) that the jerk will walk away, and the nice people end up in the hospital. Some people won't obey the law because they're speshul, while the rest of us ahve a better chance of surviving their accidents.
                              Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

Working...
                              X