This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Um...what.
    I've got to stop reading these first thing in the morning. Probably not good to hate humanity before I go to school.
    It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
    -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Who here thinks that Gran-Mama should have flipped the SUV lady off and cast a good old fashioned Italiano curse on her lazy ass?

I like my SUV, it's survived the shit everyone does to it (I park in the boonies, WHY do I have people parking NEXT TO ME?!)
      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

I had something like that happen to me last week.

I had just got back into my car at the shop and was fiddling around putting the face plate back on my stereo and whatnot before I left. There was a stack of other parking spots, some closer to the door than mine yet this guy had to sit and wait for my spot. Blocking all the traffic in the process. After I realised he wasn't going to move I waved at him to let him know I wasn't going just yet. Didn't work. By the time I left he had a line of 5 cars behind him.

Comment

Quoth Shards View Post
          To the best of my knowledge my home (Pennsylvania) has yet to pass that law. I personally don't like it for the same reason I don't like the seat belt law, or the helmet law for bikers, but then again, I'm a strong believer in the idea that there are some people nature just didn't intend to reproduce.
          I'd say an anti cellphone-driving law is more akin to laws against DWI. If you don't wear a seatbelt, you're only going to hurt yourself. Not so the cell phone.

Engine on = Cell phone jammed, that's what I'd like. Mini cellphone jammers powered by the engine!

I fear the cell phone driver far more than the drunk. Not only are they more dangerous, they're more common.
          Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post

Engine on = Cell phone jammed, that's what I'd like. Mini cellphone jammers powered by the engine!
            No thanks. If I hadn't had access to my cell phone, I would not have gotten the call to get to the hospital to see my father before he died this summer.
            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

You musn't experience the drunk drivers that I do..........driving to work at night, once I get into town, driving past some bars.....
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth SuperB View Post
                I've yet to see a vehicle actually be responsible for a person's actions. She'd have been a bitch if she were driving a compact.
                Thats probably true. But I think the car you drive does indeed have an impact for a person's attitude on the road - maybe not for everyone. Lets say you learned to drive in a little old clunker, drove the thing for 10 years. Then you buy this huge Escalade or some suped up sports car. You're proud of it, right? You wanna show it off, right? You become more aggressive. People should get out of your way. I was only saying that it seems to be a trend I have observed that SUV drivers TEND to be assholes. In general. Not everyone. Just an observation.

Comment

Quoth NightWatch View Post
                  I'm kind of a jerk, I won't lie. If I'm standing next to my car with the door wide open and someone comes flying into the space next to me, then slams on their breaks and gets all pissy. I ignore them and pretend to be busy for as long as necessary to make them go away. I'm just stubborn like that.
                  Good one.

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
                  Agreed, but I would have paused to put my foot onto their bumper and tie my shoelace.
                  I'll see both of you and raise you retying BOTH shoelaces.

While wearing knee high boots.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                  X