Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I was a child, we lived quite a way from the city, and went to do our "main" food shopping once a month. Sometimes this entailed 2-3 shopping carts FULL of food and other items. I remember once after having gone through the checkouts, Mom was verifying everything on her receipt (she always did that) and noticed that the big 50 pound bag of dog-food hadn't been rung up, so she ran back in to pay for it, and the Manager on duty told her that because of her honesty it was 50% off.
    The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

nomorecarts, that's actually what we're expected to do with our shopping carts: inspect the bottom of every cart that goes through. Mirrors do wonders with this.

Also, as a tip, if coats are in the cart, ask if you can check underneath them to make sure nothing's fallen down accidentally. While this may be construed by the customer as suspicion, most are appreciative and helpful with this.
      "Otherwise you are free to keep putting your hope in leprechauns, horseshoes and unicorn farts."-Gravekeeper

Comment

SC:there's nothing in the tote, just that and the dog food

Gee, covering up there, Charlie?
        Idiot.
        Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

And he honestly thought that he was going to get away with that? Did he not think that you would wonder why a supposidely empty tote weighed 30 lbs?

Excuse me while I weep for humanity....
          "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
          ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

You just remeinded me of something. Several years ago in college I had the honor of hearing a story about two women who tried pulling a fast one on the store 3 blocks away from the one I worked at. These two woman went in with cardboard totes and filled them up. They slipped through an empty lane and made it to their car without anyone knowing. Figuring they were not caught they went back to get more food. The second trip they were caught with over 200 bucks worth of food in the cart and more in the car.
            The bad thing is a few weeks later someone tried to do the same thing. Since we had security in the store they busted her as she was trying to walk out. She claimed she was going to the bathroom. yeah with everything packed neatly in boxes.
            I like to scare small childeren, it's fun and as long as you can out run the parents you can get away with it.

Comment

Quoth Tito View Post
              And he honestly thought that he was going to get away with that? Did he not think that you would wonder why a supposidely empty tote weighed 30 lbs?

Excuse me while I weep for humanity....
              they thought i'd just scan it and not even move it

Comment

It's amazing what some people try to get away with (and some actually do!!)...
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I can't even begin to count the number of times I had to deal with customers trying to pull that one. I would just scan the items like normal and the customer would say something along the lines of "Oh, I had no idea that was in there!". I guess they could've been telling the truth but I'm sure it was most likely BS.
                  "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

Working...
                  X