This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cookie! (longish)

For some reason the store was crawling with old people today. This means the standard old people complaints (back when I was kid a ham cast a nickel, it too cold, etc). Some were from a local assisted living center.

We sell seasonal cookies that come pre-wrapped in plastic (and have a disturbingly long shelf life). We have the displayed in several baskets around the dept, and they have a high profit-margin and little kids love them. A kid had picked one up and asked mommy if they could gate one. Mommy said no and was nice enough to had it to me t put back instead of throw it on a shelf.

About 5 minutes later COL(crazy old lady) shows up. At first COL asks a few normal and smart questions. Then.....

COL: Oh, just one more thing.
    Me: Yes.
    COL: You put a coooooookkkkkiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeee that fell on the floor back in the display. I kkknnnnooooowwwwwwwwww youuuu did! I sawwww you. Is that the, what they now call "cool" thing to do.
    Me: *thinking: what did i do do deserve this?/what are you talking about* What do mean?
    COL: .........
    Me: What cookie?
    COL: The orange one!
    Me: These? *taking one form basket behind me to show COL*
    COL: Yes. Now throw it out.
    Me: I don't need to, they are pre-wrapped.
    COL: Yes. I was a nurse.
    Me: *dammint another "nurse"* Ma'am we follow all applicable state federal and local health regulations including company policies. If food falls on the floor or un-wrapped is touched by customers and comes back we have to destroy it by law and company policy.
    COL: Well. I should hope so. It amazes me that they let un-educated high school drop outs like yourself work with real peoples food.
    Me: "Ma'am" I treat you whit respect, and I expect the same back. If you have any further problems feel free to contact Mr. <MOD>. *walks off*
    COL: I get you arrested for molesting my food!

Oh, yes please call the police. I'm shaking in my shoes.

The COL did whine to the MOD and decided to not purchase any thing that "people" touched. I guess people never touched any of that canned food at any point along its journey either.

Another molesting of food I demand my melons (cookies, vegies, meats) come un molested. *grins sweetly and all innocently*

Comment

Molesting food. Now that's a first, not heard that one before

If she wants food that has not been "molested" me thinks she might want to grow her own veggies and such. I've never gone into a store and NOT seen the food being "molested" by other shoppers.

I am evil, I should change my middle name legally TO evil, I'm proud of my evilness! Makes life fun! bwhaha

Comment

Someone else here had talked about someone yelling at her for molesting their fruits.

I dont think they can in nursing homes can they?

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
          Another molesting of food I demand my melons (cookies, vegies, meats) come un molested. *grins sweetly and all innocently*
          I don't mind when my melons are molested.

I work at Walgreens.

(I'm just tired of mentioning it every time I want to relate to a story. )

Comment

*snerks* Neither do I really...

Comment

Oh yeah, lupo wrote that one about "Apparaently I'm going to hell because I'm a molester of cantaloupe (which we Aussies call rockmelon)". I've also been yelled at for "fondling" the fruit.

And regarding the oher comments.....

EDIT: I have a few crazy customers as well. My personal favourite, although I feel a little sorry for him, is this one guy who comes into our store a fair bit. He acts as if he has an invisible friend and will talk to him all the time, making conversations and so forth. The scary thing is that he acts completely normal during any transaction. The reason why I feel sorry for him is that he tends to get weird stares from people.
              Last edited by fireheart; 09-28-2008, 11:23 AM.
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Fun fact, in the US, what's sold as cantalope is actually muskmelon (and still really really good).

The only country I can think of that sells real cantalope is the UK... lucky buggers...
                Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Man, I can understand that old people somtimes need something to do or get a little attention or whatever, but some people overdo it. Strangely enough, when I encountered them at the phone store, they were usually very nice, probably because the remarks about price in the old days is not something that will work here. Not to mention anything with the word 'molesting' in it.

I guess the only places where you can work relatively old-sourpuss-proof is in phone stores or other electro stores with modern stuff. The downside is that those stores also attract their own kind of SC's. Oh well, nothing's perfect. Especially in retail.

Comment

man I hope she never eats out

people have had their BARE hands all over her food if she does.... oh the horror
                    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

*peeks out of the gutter, and tries to be very very quiet*
                      "Hi, this is Silver. How may I lose my self respect in order to cater to your over- inflated ego today?" --- Silverrb

Comment

I wish I could follow her around licking her food just before she eats it...

disclaimer: I would never intentionally befoul anyones food, but I can dream!
                        "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

What a freak, how does SHE eat at home? Does she touch her food? Ever?
                          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I''m more amused she considers the things food. There are things that are not harmful to take internally but should not be classified as food. Those horrible cookies, twinkies, and Peeps. All these foods have half-lives, not shelf lives.

Comment

LIAR!!! Peeps are good with nuking.

Twinkies (I'm told) are good with rum piped and mixed with the frosting...

Cookies...um...Queen has good cookies.

Comment

Working...
                              X