Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The quality of my bagging depends on where in my shift I am. If you get me late on a Sunday, the only thing you can count on is that your eggs aren't under any thing but bread, and leaky meats aren't in with anything else. On the other hand, if you get me early on, say, Wednesday, not only do I not break anything, your cold stuff is segregated, none of your cleaning supplies are in with food (not even canned) and I will have bagged for stability, weight, and fewest number of bags.
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth Jory View Post
      Some of my customers *insist* on packing their own bags. And then act like jackasses, with the clear implication of 'Well, you guys don't know how, anyway.' But whatever. It moves the line along when they do it.
      I usually let the professional handle it. But I've occasionally had to stop baggers from piling canned goods on top of my bread. If I see them try to do such a thing twice, I take over the bagging.

Comment

I once had a customer who didn't like the bagger I had, and so she very loudly insisted that she bag her own groceries. I asked her if she was sure, and she said "yes". Guess what she did then? If you said, "She complained to the manager that I made her bag her own groceries" you win a cookie! Apparently, "I'll bag my own groceries" doesn't mean that, it means, "I want you to read my mind and do what I'm thinking, not what I'm saying."

Comment

Working...
        X