This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Germs!

So I had started work not too long before this happened and I had washed my hands about a minute or two before.

WC - Weird Customer
    Me!
    CW - Co-worker

I walk towards the hot counter to serve the WC put the broom I had just picked up down and go to ask if she needed serving.

WC - GERMS! You haven't washed your hands, do you know how many germs are on your hands right now!
    Me - *What the...*
    WC - I can't deal with you!
    She walks off
    CW - What planet was she on! I'm going to see Awesome Manager in case she complains.

Awesome Manager burst out laughing when he heard what and CW tells me that WC has been before and complained that one of the shift was rude because she asked her "What she would like?"
    As soon as I start thinking
    That I'm sensible and sane
    The Random Hedgehog comes along
    And fiddles with my Brain
    (from card I got)

Weirdness Abounds.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Cripes.

I (literally) have OCD and while I sometimes think these sorts of things, I certainly don't go spouting off about them...

Comment

There is this lady that I deliver pizza's to that always has on rubber gloves when I go there. The first time I thought maybe she was cleaning or something, but I have delivered to her many times since and she always has them on. At that point I assumed that she had some skin condition or something until I saw her in Walmart without the gloves. Now I am just confused. Maybe she has a pizza guy phobia?

Comment

When I worked at a laundromat,years ago there were people like that.One woman wore gloves to do laundry and have to scrub down everything first.She said that she was allergic to all soaps and cleaners. My only question was if shes allergic to the laundry soap then how did she wear the clothes afterwards.And there was the guy who would use a half a bottle of tide and scrub the washer then run the washer before he used it and then finally wash his clothes int he washer.And then he would scrub out the dryer.I also watched him use his foot to open the door and he would go outside and use the other half of tide to wash down the interior of his car.And then he would put plastic bags all over his car,like on the steering wheel.He made me tired just watching him. I just also felt sorry for him,how does he have a normal relationship with a woman(shes full of germs).
          Can you imagine having those obcessions so bad you can bearly function.

Comment

One of my co-workers at camp was allergic to Gain. I don't know if she scrubbed the washer, but she did make sure to do her own laundry adn that year I think we made sure not to buy gain for teh Use If Desperate laundry soap. I know one of cheap brands of laundry soap makes my nose twitch, so I tend to buy the unscented unwhateverelse.

It was probably something like that.

Comment

I've had 1 or 2 customers complain about something like this in the 13 years I have been working.
              Me, I hate getting germs though, because customers don't give a shit if they get you sick. If I see a customer sneeze or cough, I will set their recepit down on the counter instead of handing it to them. If they hand me cash (which has lots of germs on it) I will just take it and complete the transaction. Very first chance I get, I go to the bathroom and thoroughly wash my hands.
              People have suggested hand sanitizers, but I kept on using them on my hands a couple times a day depending on how long my shift was. I still got sick. But ever since washing my hands more, I have not been sick at all.

Comment

[QUOTE=BowserKoopa1;419963]
                Me, I hate getting germs though, because customers don't give a shit if they get you sick.[/QUOTE

everyday i have customers stand in front of me giving me their money touching my hand coughing breathing on me telling me how they a myriad of contagious disease such as "god I am so glad to get out of the house I have been sick with the most violent flue all my friends coworkers and family have gotten it I have been spewing out all my crevasses it is not pretty"

i wash and wash praying that it will not get me thank you sucky customers for not caring about others enough to keep your sick self at home!

Comment

One of the very, very few customers I've actually banned was kinda like this.

She would come in periodically for copies and only for copies. She would hand over her papers one at a time (meaning whoever waited on her had to walk back and forth between her and the machine, over and over). She refused to put her purse on the floor or the counter. Always put it on top of her feet because our stuff was "so dirty". There was ALWAYS something wrong with at least half of the copies we made for her and of course doesn't want to pay for the 'ruined' copies.

The last time she came in, she hands me the first page. I walk it over and copy it. Bring the original and the copy back to the counter. She looks at it with cat butt face in full effect. "You messed it up!" And sure enough, there's a little dimple in the copy where my thumb touched it. So I apologize to her and recopy the page, taking care to only handle the new copy by the corner. Second page I copy and again, take the copy by the corner. This time I lose my loose grip on it, quite by accident. It lands on the floor. Instantly she's pointing at the dropped copy. "I don't want that one!! It's filthy now!!" I recopy it and politely tell her that she needs to find a new place to get copies. When I called to advise him of the incident, my boss knew exactly who I was talking about; he told me that he was sitting at the counter with lunch (takeout from a styrofoam container, with a fork) when she came in and she complained that he needed to wash his hands before serving her. He had literally just washed them before cracking open his lunch and hadn't actually eaten anything yet!

Comment

We have a guy who wear white cotton gloves all the time. He isn't mean or sucky about it, but it's just odd. I've seen him change them after handling cash or being handed something by an employee, so I know it's not because of a skin condition or burns or anything. Just a germaphobe, I suppose.

I wash my hands and use hand sanitizer very frequently, and don't get sick that often. I think that handling dirty, nasty cash for so many years has given me a pretty strong immune system.

Comment

Germs, chewing on my squeedlyspooch. Not my squeedlyspooch you don't!

I thought this deserved a Zim quote. :P

Customers where I work have the exact opposite problem, in fact, I've seen several start to put the chips in thier mouth, those things are as dirty if not dirter than money. *gag*
                      “Bad taste creates many more millionaires than good taste.”

-Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
                      X