This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting Room SC

So I just started a job at a discount clothing retail store as a second job. During the days I work in an office and nights and weekends I work at the retail store.
    I've been there 1 week and already had my first SC.
    I was working in the fitting room and a mother and her young daughter come in. I ask her how many items she has and she instantly gets an attitude with me. I don't remember word for word, but she starts complaining about how we don't have the right school uniform pants for her daughter's school. I apologize and bring her daughter into the fitting room. She continues to complain that we only have one size 10 on and on while her daughter tries them on. I apologize again and let her know that Dillards down the street has a whole school uniform section and she might want to check there. She snaps back at me "Well you have a school uniform section too!". From that point I ignored her and smiled and nodded to her ranting.
    I don't know what she wanted me to do. This is weeks after school has already started, so the stock is going to low. Saying it once and suggesting we get a larger variety of styles for next year would be fine. I don't know if she expected me to pull out a pile from behind my counter and say "Since you have bitched for 10 minutes straight, you win a prize of all the size 10 school uniform pants I've been hiding for months and months! Congratulations!"
    I can't stand those types of people.

ugh, and not to get you down, but you'll see worse.

I refuse to EVER work in women's retail again. Shoes were kinda fun, and I genuinely enjoyed working in the men's department (got to help put ties with shirts in interesting arrangments, plus, guys know what they want and what size they are!!!)

But women's or juniors'? HELL. NO. I have seen too much lipstick on new clothes, sweat stains on items in dressing room, dressing rooms literally KNEE DEEP in clothing, etc.

so...my sympathies!
    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Schools have uniforms?

(was homeschooled so she doesn't know)
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
        Schools have uniforms?
        A lot of private schools do, and a few public ones as well.
        Sometimes life is altered.
        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
        Uneasy with confrontation.
        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Wow! I live under a rock!
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

So, I take you haven't been working there long enough to be shown the magical back room yet? You know, the back room that only SCs know of and that is suppose to hold every single item in the known universe (and you're able to find any item in a matter of seconds)?
            This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
              (was homeschooled so she doesn't know)
              No way, you were? Cool! Me too!
              "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

typical SC behavior....
                You offer a solution to their problem and they just want to bitch and moan.You told her that the other store has a selection and she still bitched.

Comment

uniforms are unfortable (thats all i have to say) they are really heavy

Comment

Edited because I am a grammar nazi.

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                    Uniforms are uncomfortable, and they are really heavy. Thats all i have to say.
                    Yeah I'm thankful that my schools never wanted to use uniforms, but I sure wanted to use some uniforms on some of the kids I went to school with.
                    Work uniforms suck too, depending on where you work. I hate mine.
                    "Otherwise you are free to keep putting your hope in leprechauns, horseshoes and unicorn farts."-Gravekeeper

Comment

The only school uniform I approve of is the serafuku.
                      Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                        uniforms are uncomfortable (thats all i have to say) they are really heavy
                        Schools in Australia are required to wear uniform, regardless of whether you're private or not. Most of the time with public school uniforms, you can find them in your average department store. Some items can only be bought from the school uniform shop. Most private school uniforms are exclusively school uniform shop only though. The public school uniforms tend to resemble street clothes, but with set colours and logos.

Quoth RageAgainstTheManagement View Post
                        Edited because I am a grammar nazi.

Yeah I'm thankful that my schools never wanted to use uniforms, but I sure wanted to use some uniforms on some of the kids I went to school with.
                        Work uniforms suck too, depending on where you work. I hate mine.
                        As for my work uniforms, all of mine have holes in the underarms.
                        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
                          As for my work uniforms, all of mine have holes in the underarms.

You rebel you!
                          Can't you ask for new clothes or are your bosses tight (in the pursestrings) about it?
                          "Otherwise you are free to keep putting your hope in leprechauns, horseshoes and unicorn farts."-Gravekeeper

Comment

All schools - Public and Private - in Australia wear uniforms....

Some aren't bad....however the fricking all girl Catholic school uniform I had to wear was less than fantastic. But you get used to it.

At least it meant I didn't have to worry about working out what I have to wear!!

And sorry for the suckage!
                            every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.... for every person I can stand being around there is and eqaul and opposite idiot....... -_- damn stupid people

Comment

Ahaha. As someone who worked the fitting rooms of Target for two and a half years before moving on to bigger and better things, you have my sympathies. You've been lucky so far. I had to deal with people who consistantly used our fitting rooms as bathrooms, (I seriously lost count the number of times I found a pee spot of the floors back there) a used feminine napkin stuck to the wall of one of the stalls, peple bitching at me caused I enforced the six item rule, and the most fun one of touching sombody's menstrual blood on accident as the farkin bitch decided that trying a swimsuit on while on the rag was a good idea.
                              "I try to take reality one day at time, but sometimes several days attack me at once."

Comment

Working...
                              X