Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You will NOT go on lunch until I am served!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow.

I'm not very confrontational, but I certainly have my moments. And I get very cranky when I haven't eaten.

I had sort of a moment at the one job, when I had picked up some lunch somewhere, and was bringing it back to the break room to eat it. I wasn't even in uniform, but someone stopped me and asked... no, demanded help anyway.

I resisted the urge to throttle him, and told him as politely as I could that I was off the clock. I guess the food in my hands and lack of uniform didn't get the message across.

He got an attitude with me, and told me to get someone else to help him then. I was about to tell him that I was going to go in and set my food down, and then call someone, but I guess he saw me step toward the door and assumed I wasn't going to help him, and called me an asshole.

Well, fuck him. No way I was going to help him after that, especially off the clock.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I usually ignore SC's like that. If I am heading on break and they say it to my back, i will ignore it twice before telling them I am on break.

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
        SC: Well then put your lunch on hold and help me with this! I don't have a lot of time here. (oh ok, I see how this works: YOUR time is important, but mine doesn't mean jack)
        Quoth Mordecai View Post
        I wonder how this turd burglar would react if someone wanted him to put his lunch "on hold" so that he could help them with something as trivial as text messaging.
        The OP stated this was 2:00PM so how much you wanna bet that the SC WAS on HIS lunch break trying to take care of his phone.

SC
        "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
          all retail establishments need a sign that says "Retail Staff Are Not Robots!"
          The SC's will not read that. They would think that it is art or wallpaper or something. What they need to do is to play it over and over again on the PA system.
          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
            what part of me running across the parking lot towards the bus stop staring at my watch looking desperately up the road hoping the bus doesn't come out of nowhere before I can get to the stop gives you the impression that I'm going to have the time to give your directions
            In those situations I respond with a firm but polite, "FUCK OFF".

Comment

Working...
            X