This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm so dangerous

So today I was assembling a metal temporary display stand. Now the design of these stands is a little odd, and requires the final piece to be hooked in at the top, flipped horizontal, slid down the assembly, and then swung back into place. This takes a fair bit of space, and occasionally the piece will slip out. Since I was assembling it beside the main aisle I waited until it was completely free of people before I did it.

Unfortunately it did unhook, and it slipped out of my hands, and crashed down to the ground. No big deal, picked it up and went to do it again. It's not a heavy piece, but on the hard floor makes a loud noise when it hits.

Next thing this old guy who was about 20 feet away (on the other side of a divider) at the time comes over and starts going off at me for being dangerous and how someone could have been hurt etc. I told him that I knew the piece could possibly fall, so that's why I made sure the area was completely empty before I did it.

Now any normal person wouldn't have said anything in the first place, and if they did they would be satisfied that I had checked the area prior. Not Mr Asshat. "So you knew it could fall?" Yes, that's why I made sure the area was clear first. "Then that's even worse that you knew it was dangerous."

One of those moments when a smart response escaped me, so I just said whatever, and continued with the assembly.
Working...
X