This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Depot delivery

I bought some flooring and installation at Home Depot. After waiting a month for it to come in I then wait a week for them to deliver it. Then I wait all day because they can't narrow down a delivery window smaller than Saturday. Finally they show up. I have the pets all herded into a bedroom and the door to a spare bedroom open and space cleared for the flooring. They tell me no, they won't take it any further than the living room. I tell them no, you can't leave it in my living room. It is less than 15 ft to take it to the spare bedroom.

Let me state, I paid both a delivery fee and a carry in fee. The contract only states that they do not have to bring it upstairs, not that they drop it in the first available spot.

I tell them if that's their attitude then just take it back to the store. I follow a few minutes later and demand a full refund. They know they messed up because they did it and didn't try to hit me with restocking or any other kind of fee.

Quoth ReverendBSB View Post

Let me state, I paid both a delivery fee and a carry in fee. The contract only states that they do not have to bring it upstairs, not that they drop it in the first available spot.
    WUT?
    AkaiKitsune
    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

I also recently had delivery issues with Home Depot. FWIL they've outsourced delivery to another company, whose performance is hit-or-miss. I'm pretty sure you received your refund easily because they're quite aware of the issues, and I'm betting their contract will let them ding the delivery company pretty heavily due to their performance.

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
        I also recently had delivery issues with Home Depot. FWIL they've outsourced delivery to another company, whose performance is hit-or-miss. I'm pretty sure you received your refund easily because they're quite aware of the issues, and I'm betting their contract will let them ding the delivery company pretty heavily due to their performance.
        I don't see this going well for them. It cost them a big sale Saturday and now they wasted time and money shipping the material to the store that now will either have to be shipped back or sit there. And of course everyone I talk to over the next few weeks will hear about how never to order anything from Home Depot that needs delivery.

Maybe not everyone will refuse delivery and demand a refund over the principle of the matter like me, but enough will to cost them money. Most will roll over and move it themselves but then they will pull this with a little old lady who calls the news about how she has all this stuff in her living room and can't sit on her couch for tea to bring them a lot of bad PR.

And if I had decided to keep it and move it I would have at the least demanded refund of all the "carry in" fees.

Comment

HD isn't the only one who is doing that, BTW. We have had a couple of appliances delivered to various places over the past year or so, and all were by deliverers contracted to the retailer, not by in-house staff.

We have had two positive experiences, and one very negative. BB replaced the fridge which was delivered during that negative experience, which probably wound up costing them money.
          “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
          One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
          The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Working...
          X