This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $49.99 =/=$50. Also Wednesday =/=Thursday

Today, I got yelled at by some crotchety old skinbag angry she couldn't use the loyalty coupon she got with her ad circular in the mail earlier this week.

The coupon was good for $10 off a $50 purchase. The item she was buying was $49.99. Wah-wah.

If it's sooooo important she gets to use her coupon, she can just buy a pack a gum and add that to her purchase.

But another fly in the ointment--the coupon cannot be used until tomorrow when we are starting a large-ish sale.

Me telling the old crone these two things didn't faze the old crone or calm her down. And last night we had another guy trying to use his coupon and getting pissed off when he couldn't. He told the guy helping him "If you don't cooperate with me, I'm never shopping here again."

For approximately the 56,834th time: Those loyalty coupon need to die in a fire.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

CVS, at least the ones around here, will usually give you the credit if your total is within a few cents of the required amount. They also, along with Target, will advertise items as 2/$12, but if you only buy one, you'll still get it for $6. Walgreen's doesn't. I feel sorry for the employees at Walgreen's because I am sure they get bitched at regularly. And now poor Irv is suffering.
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
      CVS...will advertise items as 2/$12, but if you only buy one, you'll still get it for $6. Walgreen's doesn't. I feel sorry for the employees at Walgreen's because I am sure they get bitched at regularly. And now poor Irv is suffering.
      It is irksome, I agree, and the front-line employees, who do not make the decisions and are powerless to fix the problem, are the ones who take the most flack for it.

If only these customers would write to corporate and tell them that they don't agree with the policies. But noooo, they'd rather yell at someone who can't do anything instead.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post

They also, along with Target, will advertise items as 2/$12, but if you only buy one, you'll still get it for $6. Walgreen's doesn't. I feel sorry for the employees at Walgreen's because I am sure they get bitched at regularly.
        Walgreen's is the only store I know of in our area that requires you to purchase the advertised amount to get the advertised price. I don't bitch, I just don't go there if I can possibly avoid them. I do feel sorry for their employees.

Madness takes it's toll....
        Please have exact change ready.

Comment

the coupon for just over the amount i'm spending, i get that a lot as a customer and simply grab some choclate or gum to knock the price over, Why is this so hard?

Comment

Quoth energyguy View Post
            the coupon for just over the amount i'm spending, i get that a lot as a customer and simply grab some choclate or gum to knock the price over, Why is this so hard?
            People like that would be the type to argue over a nickel over-charge on an order, so (sadly) I'm not surprised.
            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I remember those damn things when I was at Winn Dixie. It was a great deal for regular customers and people who understood how it worked, a $10 off either $50 or $100 purchase would print out with their receipt, and there was a time period printed on it telling when it was ok to use. Every week, without fail, some fat old asshole would bring a HUGE grocery order to be rung up, and at the end, hand me a coupon that wasn't good until a week later. And almost every fucking time, he'd get indignant about the whole thing, 'false advertising, bait and switch, etc, etc', and make me cancel the order and we had to put the whole. Fucking. Thing. Back. If I remember right, he's also the one who decided he didn't want his order after he asked some kid on the register how old he was (Kid was 16, but I swear to Eru, he looked TEN), and the kid replied "Forty two". Guy called him a smart aleck and walked out.

Usually the coupon thing wasn't an issue with most people, the things printed out on lots of purchases and the person would usually just keep the one not ready to use yet and grab another one that could be used out of their purse or wallet. Not this guy. Every week was the same nonsense.
              The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

It's not the loyalty card's fault that people are morons.

I mean yeah, if you're not above the amount required and are that close, why not get something stupid to put you over the amount. I assume tax doesn't count?

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                  It is irksome, I agree, and the front-line employees, who do not make the decisions and are powerless to fix the problem, are the ones who take the most flack for it.

If only these customers would write to corporate and tell them that they don't agree with the policies. But noooo, they'd rather yell at someone who can't do anything instead.
                  If it was anything like the corporation my hubby used to work for (at their headquarters no less) they'd blame the store for not just bending over for the customer and take the coupon. BUT if the store had caved in, corporate would have logged a foot in the coupon's place.

At the Mall of Wart I worked for, it all depended on which dept manager or CSM was acting as MOD. And I always made them initial it so I wouldn't be the one to get the stupid red overage/underage ticket for that till.
                  If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

At my local CVS, once a quarter the register spits out a rebate coupon. Thanks to being an old(er) person on lots of meds, mine is usually in the $10-15 range. Just a few problems though: all the restrictions on how the coupon is used, the short time period in which it can be used--I have no real problem with those two--but you cannot get a lesser amount and get change/credit back, or even forgo the difference. If I can't find $15 of stuff I want to get, I can't use the coupon. Do I holler and fuss? Heck no! I just don't use the coupon.
                    Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

I love how Irv uses the term "skinbag".

It just makes me not want to go purse shopping anytime soon.

Thanks for keeping me out of trouble, Irv
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                        I love how Irv uses the term "skinbag".

It just makes me not want to go purse shopping anytime soon.

Thanks for keeping me out of trouble, Irv
                        How about that. I made you laugh and I spared your budget. Killed two birds with one stone.
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

You always make me laugh. But helping with my shopping addiction, it takes a real talent for someone to do that!

Skinbag....ewww. I'm just picturing Dooney and Bourke bags being made of elder skin.
                          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                            Skinbag....ewww. I'm just picturing Dooney and Bourke bags being made of elder skin.
                            Now I'm going to have to clean out my closet . . . need to check the Dooney and Bourkes to make sure they're not affected.
                            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                            X