This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server too busy

Kept getting the above message a lot today. Just thought somebody might want to know
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Aready noted, thanks! Pedersen's rebooted the server, since it's been a while since we kicked the server around. Should be back to abnormal service now.

Rapscallion

Comment

Ooh, ooh, can I kick it too?
      Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
      OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
      she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
      Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

I'd suggest not whilst it's up...

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
          I'd suggest not whilst it's up...

Rapscallion
          Fie! You'd have us kick it when it's down?
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

...Not that any of us have kicked the server while it was running. Ever.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Had that error a couple minutes ago, for just two minutes or so.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                Fie! You'd have us kick it when it's down?
                Best time to kick it. When it's up, it could kick back.
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Odd. I usually get emailed notifications and this time nothing.

*ponder*

Going to think about this.

Rapscallion

Comment

I had server too busy messages about 5 times last night and this morning, (about 8-9pm and 6am my time)
                    Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Looks like data hosting issues and out of our hands. However, I'm going to attempt some preventative maintenance tomorrow morning when we're quiet. The site might be somewhat inaccessible for a while, or very slow.

Rapscallion

Comment

So the CS server is weeded because the host quadruple-sat it?
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Er, what?

Rapscallion

Comment

It was a joke. This board is aimed at retail workers, including restaurant staff (in which context, a server would be a waiter/waitress). You mentioned that there was an issue with the host (restaurant context: the person who greets customers and assigns them to a table) causing these problems.

For a server to be weeded means that they've got more work than they can handle (a.k.a. "server too busy"), and a common cause is that the host has assigned multiple parties to tables in their section in quick succession (double/triple/quadruple sat, depending on how many groups were assigned to the server's section all at once) rather than assigning one group to one server's section, the next to another server's section, and so forth.
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Ah, right. Looks like it was an issue at the databank where the server is, hence we wouldn't get any warnings as it wouldn't be able to email us.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
                              X