This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish me luck . . . .

I am interviewing for a promotion at work tomorrow. The coordinator for the RN program (our department is made up of three programs, RN, LPN and CNA) is retiring in June.

I'm one of three faculty who applied for the position. I think I've got a good shot at it. Of the three of us, one is really not a candidate (though she doesn't realize it) because she is not well liked and no one believes the Chair will want to work with her that closely.

So it's really between me and another gal, who IS a strong candidate.

I have to do a 10-15 minute lecture on heart failure as part of the interview process. I feel prepared for that part. But I am very nervous. I really want this job.

Wish me luck!
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Good luck!

Comment

best of luck

Comment

Good luck! *sends lots of random goodies*
        Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

May the force be with you.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Lots of luck! Remember: deep calming breaths!
            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Good luck! I'm confident that the lecture will be a piece of cake for you.

Comment

Good luck, knock 'em dead... Wait, that might not reflect well on you.
                Seph
                Taur10
                "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Thanks, everyone for the well wishes. I will take all the good thought I can get

It's after midnight now and time to go to bed. I still have class in the morning, but I stayed up late tinkering with my presentation.
                  They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Good luck.
                    Just don't stay up all night and fall asleep in the middle of the presentation. That may give the wrong impression.

Comment

Lots of luck.. will be keeping everything crossed for you
                      Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

Good luck! Crossing eyes, toes and fingers for you!
                        No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

I'll wish you luck, but I think no luck is needed. You will do fine, and get the promotion.
                          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Thanks, everyone, for the good thoughts and well wishes.

The interview seemed to go OK. I was very nervous through the whole thing, and I'm not sure I answered some of the questions as well as I could have. My original interview for my current position went much better.

Of course, I was a bit put off by the fact that one of the committee members (one of the three non nurses) acted as if she'd rather be anywhere else but there. She kept picking at her fingers nails and not paying attention. I wanted to stop in front of her, stare her down, and ask, "Am I boring you?"

Fortunately, everyone else was engaged, and would make eye contact with me as I did my mini teach.

I got a call from the Chair: the committee wants to interview me again on Monday. So I think that must be a good sign. I sure hope so *fingers crossed*

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
                              So I think that must be a good sign. I sure hope so *fingers crossed*
                              A very good sign. At the very least they haven't decided against you.

Comment

Working...
                              X