This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STDs by Email

I received a few spam email messages in my work inbox today.

One of them included a link and an enthusiastic message about "hot Russian girls" who apparently want to meet, date, and marry me, and that I can take my pick of a large number of them based on "sexy pics."

No, I wasn't dumb and/or desperate enough to click the link. In this case, I don't think I would have clicked the link anyway because of the very next word in the message.

At the bottom of the email was the standard paragraph of "dummy text" that spammers add (probably by random generation) so that the message will be more likely to sneak past my spam filters.

The first word in that dummy text was gonorrhea.
    I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
    - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
    - IPF

Eewwww.

I get those, too. I really have to laugh at the subject line: "Saw your pics online, let's chat!"

Um, I don't have any pics online. Plus I'm a straight female, so I have no use for a sexy Russian girl even if I was stupid enough to think these were real...
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I get spam quite frequently as well, though in an account meant for it. Apparently I am Lucy (not my name, I'm a guy) and my mother and my father all at the same time.

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out the random spam instant messages I get on AIM that are openings for chat. Except that all of them are (supposedly) 20-something girls, and most likely not looking for an almost-thirty woman.
        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
        X