Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ready for the next level of Retail Hell?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready for the next level of Retail Hell?

Yes, the signs are there.

cloyingly hidden under management oxymorons.

ready to pounce and force fed on the minions that actually have to
    deal with the EW's of the world.

"exceeding customers expectations"
    "going beyond your job title"
    "finding solutions"
    "never saying no"
    "wowing the customer"

yes, coming to a retail store close to you..

concierge services.

because doing what were paid to do is no longer good enough.

ps. no, they're not adding a concierge service dept., YOU regardless of job title
    will be expected to provide the concierge service.
    “The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.”
    ― Bertrand Russell

We kind of do that already at the bookstore; I have found people directions to other places in town, have given them lists of used bookstores if what they want is out of print, and offer alternatives where they can find things we don't carry. I have also looked up multiple websites looking for a good gift for a woman's acquaintance (we had nothing she wanted) and called taxis for people. Now, I won't do this if there are other customers waiting, but if it's a slow time I kind of like it. It's like doing a puzzle.

I refuse to call and find reservations at sold-out restaurants for anyone though.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

You have a right to be concierned. :-)
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

"Coming soon to a store near you! Hand-holding, coddling, ass-wiping and babying! No one need ever take adult responsibility for anything again, because your retail associate will do it ALL for you!"

Ack. Excuse me while I barf.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Sounds almost like what's being forced on us in my store. Not that I don't agree with some of the concepts what it boils down to is make sure the customers leaves happy. While they get one over on us because they know they can. Oops! Did I actually let that second part slip out?
          I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Here's a message to whatever genius thought this up:

I will NOT shop anywhere that offers such an asinine service.

Comment

Quoth Josh View Post
              "exceeding customers expectations"
              "going beyond your job title"
              "finding solutions"
              "never saying no"
              "wowing the customer"

If I did not know better I would say that you work for a Red Roof Pizza place Or for that matter any fast food place that is run by their overlord corporation) as that is their exact mantra . Yeah right crapped on by customers and upper management alike and little to no merit pay increases, I'll get right on that.

Quoth ADeMartino View Post
              Here's a message to whatever genius thought this up:

I will NOT shop anywhere that offers such an asinine service.
              Do place an order with any of the major pizza places or McD's, or KFC, or Long John Silvers, or Taco Hell, or A&W places.
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Sure do this in between customers, fitting rooms, cleaning racks, getting transfers ready, straightening racks, getting sales set up, and running 3 departments by yourself. I worked retail for 15 years. I cannot figure out how you would have time to wipe a customers nose while doing all this other stuff. And management loves making you do more work without a pay raise or promotion! I hate my current job but it sure beats retail hell.
                ''Sugar cane and coffee cups, copper, steel, and cattle. An annotated history the forest for the fire. Where we propagate confusion primitive and wild. Welcome to the occupation''

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post

Do place an order with any of the major pizza places or McD's, or KFC, or Long John Silvers, or Taco Hell, or A&W places.
                  I don't go to the franchise joints. I just can't stomach it any more. Taco Bell, McD's, Arby's, Wendy's, BK, Pizza Hut, White Castle... you can keep 'em all. And I NEVER liked Long John Silver's.

Comment

This sounds a lot like some of the things I do for customers at the bank. Beyond the normal "how much is my car worth?" and "do you have the number for my pension company?" I have also done the following for customers:
                    • looked up phone numbers, such as for the local post office
                    • put customers' stamped mail in with the bank's mail so that the customer doesn't have to walk across the street to the post office
                    • taken documents out to the parking lot in the middle of winter so a customer with poor mobility can sign
                    • (once) put a bandaid on a customer's bleeding arm and cleaned up the blood on the counter (with a bleach-based cleaner)
                    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                    -Mira Furlan

Comment

Why was someone bleeding in a bank?
                      "Some times you just need to punch someone in the face"'Dalia Lama

Comment

I don't remember exactly. He's an elderly fellow with somewhat thin, brittle skin. He said he had skin cancer. I think it was one of the sites where he had a growth removed that started bleeding. I didn't think much of it, at the time, other than a nice customer needed help.
                        "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                        -Mira Furlan

Comment

Quoth ADeMartino View Post
                          , White Castle... you can keep 'em all. .
                          This is the only one I will seriously disagree with you on. LOVE them bellybombers. The grocery store frozen ones are NOT as good but will do when I get the cravin and do not want to drive 3 hours to the nearest White Castle.
                          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
                          X