This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camo Atrocities

This made me think of GK's stories about the pink camo.

It's hunting season, so it's not unusual to see hunters come into the bank wearing camo or blaze orange or some combination of the two. But I saw two things worn by coworkers that made me go this week.

The less objectionable was the coworker wearing the camo turtleneck today. At first glance, I thought it was just a green floral pattern, but looking closer I saw that it's a camo shirt with fluorescent green stripes on the shoulders. That's pushing the boundaries of "business casual."

That's not as bad as the jacket that the head teller's been wearing this week. It makes my eyes want to pop out of my head and run for cover. The front and back of this polar fleece jacket are green camo, while the sides and sleeves are pink.
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

I see local ladeez wearing those pink and camo fleece jackets all the time. Perhaps you need to get out more.

The buyers at the swamp have finally figured out what I've known for years: our customers are a bunch of hicks. Sadly, this means they bring in anything and everything camo. Water bottles, jackets, steering wheel and car seat covers, even bed comforters.

That and more Duck Dynasty stuff than I'd ever care to see.

Also way the hell too many of those hard plastic red solo cups on stands and red solo cup pitchers. They sold okay at first, but now that demand's dried up they're still coming in on practically every single truck.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      I... way the hell too many of those ... red solo cup ...
      Red YOLO Nutz ... naow hangin' under your dick-em-up truck.
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
        Please don't give them any ideas.

Comment

I see local ladeez wearing those pink and camo fleece jackets all the time. Perhaps you need to get out more.
          If those jackets are popular around here, I don't want to get out more.
          "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
          -Mira Furlan

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
            If those jackets are popular around here, I don't want to get out more.
            Me neither.

Bad enough I can't get past the electronics section at the local Inbred Carnival without passing by displays of Duck Dynasty stuff.

Sorry folks, not everybody watched the show, so I'd really appreciate it if it weren't crammed down my throat. If you're thinking that it'll make me want to watch, sorry but I am a contrary person.

The more you push, the more I push back. IE, you want to force me to watch something that's "popular" it makes me not want to that much more.

And I detest anything camo . . . pink and camo do NOT belong in the same room, let alone the same sentence.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Don't come to Wisconsin, anyway.

I have watched a couple episodes of Duck Dynasty, and while I thought it was funny, it isn't must-see TV for me by any means. I certainly don't need to have any of their merchandise either.

Comment

The buyers at the swamp have finally figured out what I've known for years: our customers are a bunch of hicks. Sadly, this means they bring in anything and everything camo. Water bottles, jackets, steering wheel and car seat covers, even bed comforters.
                I grew up in a rural area, and can kinda understand wearing camo--the International Orange/camo mix--during hunting season. Too many farms, too many isolated areas...too many drunken idiots with firearms. Quite a few people down there would wear it while working in the fields. Can't blame them for not wanting to get shot!

What I don't get though, are the tools who wear that shit in the *city.* Seriously, other than pigeons, there isn't any "big game" nearby
                Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                  What I don't get though, are the tools who wear that shit in the *city.* Seriously, other than pigeons, there isn't any "big game" nearby
                  Sorry if I've just paid over $200(with tax), for a good quality warm jacket, I'm not going to just wear it for the two week hunting season, just so as "not to offend someone's delicate fashion sensibilities"
                  Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                    The more you push, the more I push back. IE, you want to force me to watch something that's "popular" it makes me not want to that much more.
                    My thoughts, exactly. NO I do NOT watch Duck Dynasty, NO I will NEVER watch Breaking Bad (have no desire to sorry) and NO, I DO NOT watch Walking Dead either! Oh, the cattbutt faces I've seen when people try and talk to me about those aforementioned shows. They act like I'm from outer space..

IMO, Camo isn't tacky for casual wear (camo pants, t-shirt, or hat even) but a camo bedspread?? For what? In case you want to hunt in your DREAMS??? Camo with pink stripes--NO! And camo in an office or professional setting? Oh, pleeze!

I've seen one episode of Duck Dynasty.It bored me to sleep...It's whatever floats your boat I guess...I just don't want to see their ugly mugs everytime I have to venture out to Big Box Superstore.

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
                      Sorry if I've just paid over $200(with tax), for a good quality warm jacket, I'm not going to just wear it for the two week hunting season, just so as "not to offend someone's delicate fashion sensibilities"
                      I can understand that: summers here, it's nice to wear sweat-wicking clothing, and that only comes in a small range of colours and styles.
                      Seshat's self-help guide:
                      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                        Please don't give them any ideas.
                        But they'd be a safety feature for the Cheeselandia jacked up road barge... Brightly colored*, hanging way down low...

Keeps those low-riding ricer-racers from mistaking your noble (with Nutz™ your truck is no longer nobull) chariot as a common Wisconsin low bridge.

* Also available in blue, appropriately for the BYU fans.
                        * Includes patented Goodnight-Loving** NutzRazer to prevent loss of your preciouses when off-roading.

** Cattle drovers would apply needle and thread yo increase the ground clearance of their bulls.
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                          Me neither.

Bad enough I can't get past the electronics section at the local Inbred Carnival without passing by displays of Duck Dynasty stuff.
                          This Duck Dynasty, is it anything like...

DUCK DODGERS OF THE TWENTY FOURTH AND A HALF CENTURY!!!!!!!

Comment

My niece has a pink camo bow, and a camo outfit she wears when hunting with dad and her big brother.

I'm so proud of her.
                            "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Quoth Estil View Post
                              This Duck Dynasty, is it anything like...

DUCK DODGERS OF THE TWENTY FOURTH AND A HALF CENTURY!!!!!!!
                              Two totally different planets, I suspect.

IMO Duck Dodgers was FUNNY.
                              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                              X