This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this too much?

We have a couple spending their honeymoon, and the boss said "Make it epic", so I ordered them flowers (among other things). I wanted to get flowers to match their wedding colors, so I looked up the guest on Facebook, which led me to his fiance's name, which led me to their TheKnot.com wedding page, which had their wedding colors. It took all of five minutes. I felt pretty proud of myself, but Coworker thought that it was weird and stalkerish. So, which is it: thorough service, or creepy stalking? Thoughts?
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

I don't think it's a big deal. But then again, I'm the type of girl who is ALL about the little things (if you hadn't figured it out, it's because I've always been denied the damn little things!), so if it were me, I'd be over the moon.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I think it's adorable! I would be ecstatic if I were in their shoes.
      Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

I think it's amazing I would be over the moon if someone did that for me!
        I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

I would call it "excellent research" rather than stalkerish. You were, after all, asked to "Make it epic" and I'm sure they were tickled to bits to see flowers in their wedding colours. Obviously I don't know CW and forgive me if this is a bit harsh but sounds to me as if CW is PO'd that you thought of it.

Comment

not in the context it was used- it was used to track down information on the wedding. If it was to track down information on the couple in question, it could be.

Comment

If you tried to friend them to get information they were hiding behind privacy settings that would be too far. This I have no problem with. They should love it.
              I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

You used publicly available information, not like you hired a private eye to stalk them and go through her underwear drawer to find her favourite colour...
                A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

I think it's wonderful! You could always play it off as being a coincidence if they get weirded out by it, though. "Oh, those were your wedding colors? I had no idea! I just thought that was the prettiest bouquet the florist had. Wow, what are the chances?!"
                  "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Of course it's not stalkerish. You found information that was in a place where it was easily found, and did it to make things more special for them, and that's the end of it. Now if you started checking out their facebook page every day and posting weird messages, then I'd be concerned...
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I would say that it was a nice touch also. If they didn't want people to know what their colors were, then they shouldn't have put it out on the Internet.

Comment

The information was put there specifically to be found by people who were involved in arranging the wedding. Which includes the honeymoon.
                        Seshat's self-help guide:
                        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Eevie View Post
                          I think it's adorable! I would be ecstatic if I were in their shoes.
                          I would too. I'd also call it thorough and a sign of providing excellent service to the newly married couple.
                          After all, you are going to please them and I'm sure they'd find the wedding colours in the honeymoon suite a nice touch.

That is...if the colours don't happen to be white or red....
                          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
                          X