This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Back at Work!

So, after my little medical mishap a few months ago, I've finally been cleared by both my doctor and my insurance company to return to work.

My first shift was today, and damn it felt good to be back.

It's funny, normally I bitch to high heaven about the place to anyone who will listen, and yet today's shift felt like being at Disneyland. I was just so happy that I had a big grin on my face the whole day and I felt so full of energy I'm surprised I wasn't bouncing up and down.

I suppose my excitement comes from being able to actually work and earn a paycheque again. I told a couple of my coworkers how I was feeling about being back, and they laughed and said it wouldn't last long.
    I'm sure they're right, and in a month's time I'll be busy cursing the place again, but for now I'm on cloud nine.

I still have to take it slow though. I'll be working three 8-hour shifts this week and next, and then five 6-hour shifts for the last two weeks of November, just to ease myself back into the routine. And I'm not allowed to lift anything heavy yet, so I need to ask for help if a customer wants something heavy from the shelves.

Other than that, I'm golden. Although, I have forgotten a few things while I was off, but that's to be expected. If I need help with something, my fellow cashiers can just remind me.
    my favourite author is neil gaiman. - me
    it is? I don't like potatoes much. - the chatbot I was talking to

Yay! I bet it feels great to get back into a semi-normal work schedule, huh?
    Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

It feels wonderful!

I've done my two weeks of the three 8-hour shifts, and starting next week I'll get my five 6-hour shifts.

I'm not sure what I'm doing after that though. I think I'll be able to return to regular hours in December, but I'll call my insurance rep beforehand to see what she says.
      my favourite author is neil gaiman. - me
      it is? I don't like potatoes much. - the chatbot I was talking to

Comment

Working...
      X