This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surgery reschedule..

and need some good thoughts on the 17th. Let me explain. The surgery is going to be May 9th. "So Mytical", you ask "why in the world do you need positive thoughts on the 17th of April, and not May 9th? Make sense man!"

I had gotten medicaid, which is paying for all my medical bills..but they determined I am not 'sick enough'. So I filled an appeal. My hearing is on the 17th. If it doesn't go well..my coverage will end April 30th..meaning I won't be able to pay for the surgery on the 9th. NOT a good thing.

Now I need help getting dressed, my mind is like a sieve, and I ache in places that I didn't even know existed. So, I am hoping that they will realize I am not a well person, and that this will all be moot by the 9th. Of course the government is not the most .. caring people in the world..so any help I can get is much appreciated.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Crap - good luck with that, man.

Rapscallion

Comment

Will be praying super duper hard for you, Myt. <BIG HUGS>
      By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Sending good thoughts your way.
        The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

We're praying for you.
          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
          Save the Ales!
          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Definitely sending good thoughts and prayers your way, Mytical.
            "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

I hope a solution is found.
              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Still praying for you *gentle hugs*
                Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Damn sucky situation. So hoping you get everything worked out and you get the treatment you need. I will be thinking about you.
                  Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                  Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Can you have your current doc advocate for you? You ARE sick enough to need hospitalization; you just had one. So can your doctor argue that you're very sick? I'd push for that.

And also check into the hospital's charity care - I had a gallbladder surgery (the bill was 29K) and it was forgiven due to my emergency AND my crappy income.

Push, don't wait.
                    In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                    She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Love the logic: you're not sick enough for us to pay for your treatment, so we're going to wait until you get worse and the treatment will cost even more. Then we'll pay.

Good luck!
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Definitely find out if the hospital has a charity program for those who can't pay. It won't hurt to have the info just in case. And I'm praying you won't need that and everything goes well!!
                        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I'm crossing my fingers for you that all goes well!!!

Everytime I see these health care bill threads, my heart hurts. I just want to wrap the person up and bring them to Canada

Comment

Heh, I would move to Canada in a heart beat . As I posted on my facebook one day, I am just wondering what 'disabled' is. I have testicular cancer, cirrhosis, diabetes, need help getting dressed, can no longer trust myself to drive because of 'mental fog'..so I really just want to know what more they are wanting. *sighs*. I feel like I am just whining and moaning, I HATE feeling useless and relying on others.
                            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Mytical - that is exactly what you ask: What is your definition of disabled, needy? What criteria must be met to qualify?
                              Have you applied for SSI/SSDI? If you're that far along in your illnesses, you MIGHT be eligible for a hearing /authorization from SSI/SSDI. Find out now.
                              In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                              She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Working...
                              X