Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone familiar with the Charlotte, NC area?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone familiar with the Charlotte, NC area?

My sister and I just decided to spend a weekend in Charlotte in about three weeks, we're looking for information on public transit, and I could really use some insider information. She's having a very out-of-character meltdown, that we HAVE to rent a car to get anywhere, and maybe so but I just would rather hear that from somebody who's not freaking out at me, you know?

We're going to be staying at or near to the Charlotte Hilton University Place, which I have no idea where that is. Some friends are going to a convention there, which we're not interested in, so we want to check out the National Whitewater Center instead (located at 1825 Belmeade Drive, 28214). Does anyone know if that's even possible/sane to attempt, by public transit? I can track down websites and bus schedules online, I know, but I also know from past experience that the information I can find online is nowhere near as useful as asking actual people who've lived/visited there.

I'll admit to living outside that area (like right across the state border outside) but, as such, I never used their public transit. But checking a map, I don't think a route goes out that way.

Honestly though, while I've heard the Whitewater Center is awesome, if you're already at ConCarolinas, why not try that? It's a lot of fun.
    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Charlotte has buses and a light rail system, but they're only going to get you around efficiently in town. For something as far out as the whitewater center, you're either going to have to take a cab or rent a car. I checked on Google maps, and according to their calculations, trying to take buses between your hotel and the whitewater center would involve transfers and would take more than two hours.
      Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

If you're downtown, walking is pleasant and easy to do. For where you want to go, rent a car or take a cab (I'd rent a car, myself). Bus system is pretty efficient in town, however, and was clean last time I was down there (been awhile).

There's a soul food place there called Sadie's. You must try it. The food is the bomb

Nightlife in Charlotte is a lot of fun in the downtown area. I'm sure you'll find plenty to do.
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
        X