This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rabbit at the Coffee Shop.

I was bringing one of the 2-month old rabbits out for socializing, and stopped to get coffee. This shop always had tables outside, where I was going to sit with her. But they must have gotten rid of them in the last week, so I tied baby rabbit to the closest bench, near a yogurt shop. Got my coffee while peeking-out at baby rabbit sitting watching people. Come out and baby rabbit has a crowd around her asking "is it a .... cat?" "I dunno." "Did someone just abandon it?" (Yes, because people dump rabbits wearing harnesses and leashes all the time!) I called her name and then we had baby rabbit fan club / Q&A time with a half-dozen kids asking their parents for pet rabbits Why is it people seem so surprised to see a plain black rabbit? I think the Rex and Dutch Rabbits get all the notice, because people like pretty patterns and light colors. Baby rabbit did great letting everyone pet her. Pretty sure it's a her now. I think. maybe.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

"Is it a cat?" That reminds me of the Friends where Rachel got a hairless cat, and Joey kept saying, "It's not a cat."
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Oooh! Black rabbits are so cute! Got a recent pic?
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

In all fairness, this isn't a situation one would tend to see on a regular basis.

(Although "is it a cat" is a little..out there. )

Comment

Here they are; I can't tell them apart in the photos, but it was one of the 2-black ones, who are the daughters of the silver one. Wearing a teal harness with a red leash.

Here you can see one has gotten bigger than mom! And I think it's mooning the camera...

"If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Naughty bunny (the one mooning the camera)

Now I wanna see a bunny on a harness in public
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

They are adorable!

My sister has a sort of pet stroller thingie that she can take the bunnies out for a ride in. Now that the weather's nice, we'll have to take 'em out...we call it "airing out the bunnies."
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

OMG ... I think I really need another rabbit LOL Damn you LillFilly! How cute!

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post

Why is it people seem so surprised to see a plain black rabbit? .
                  Plain black rabbits may be fairly common. But plain black rabbits in teal harnesses & red leashes, tied up at your local coffee shop? Not so much.

Madness takes it's toll....
                  Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Damn, I should bring my rabbit out instead of my dogs. Sterling gets the attention cause he is colored differently than most doxies.

Comment

Working...
                    X