This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know it's hot outside, but...

I can't just give you a (blended $5 caramel drink) for free.

No, I sympathize. I really do. But the best I can give away is ice water. Any size. Or a 4 oz. sample cup.

No, I won't give you a dozen samples.

Sorry, I am the manager. There's nobody you can go over my head to for this.

Oh, you managed to find $2? That's actually great. I can work with that. I can make you a (much less fancy iced caramel drink) for only $1.73!

No, I won't just let you pay for (less than) half of a ($5 drink). You're going to have to give up on that dream.

And you're going to have to find some way to pay for those cookies your son is trying to hide. Or else put them back.

Excuse me, that ($5 chocolate drink) is for that man right behind you that paid for it. Whose name I just called. Yours is the ($2 one) with your name on it.

Allright bye now! Please don't hang out by the tip jar. I've already chased down one person who stole from us. Don't want to do a repeat performance.
    Flood

Wow, the suck is strong with that one. Sheesh.
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

yeah......if it's hot outside the last thing I want is any kind of coffee drink with caramel... I want water.
      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

wow, that's a WHOLE lot of suck right there
        Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
        What's the difference?
        We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

That is some awful behavior. even before he started eyeing the tip jar. Granted, I know EXACTLY the feeling when you crave something, especially crack-flavored limited drinks (Starbucks' peppermint hot chocolate, I'm looking at you). But geez, he even had enough to settle for something, albeit less-than-ideal...

Comment

There are times I crave coffee really, really bad....but if I haven't got enough money for it, too bad. If I was just looking for something to drink because it's so hot out, I'd take the water and be grateful!
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Flood View Post
              Excuse me, that ($5 chocolate drink) is for that man right behind you that paid for it. Whose name I just called. Yours is the ($2 one) with your name on it.
              Would that not be attempted theft?
              Last edited by MadMike; 07-17-2012, 02:29 AM. Reason: Please don't quote the entire post. We've already read it.
              "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd

Would that not be attempted theft?
                Very poorly attempted. And stopped before he actually laid hands on the drink.
                Flood

Comment

The flavored coffee drinks tend to be way too sweet for my taste, sugared syrup or nonsugar syrup.

And I carry these cute little packets of dried powdered lemon or lime juice that are great tipped into a bottle of water. I prefer water when it is hot and I am cranky anyway.
                  EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
                    yeah......if it's hot outside the last thing I want is any kind of coffee drink with caramel... I want water.
                    I drink a lot of water this time of year. However, there are days when I just can't drink coffee because it's too hot but I will travel a goodly distance for a Tim's iced capp. Those things are like crack. Coffee slushies. They are awesome.
                    What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

There needed to be some gratitude directed at you for coming up with a drink for less than $2. You didn't have to do that.
                      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

What the crap? I can't imagine ANY circumstance when I would just ask for a free friggin drink!! You were way more than patient with this idiot!!!
                        Great post, by the way. Well written!
                        "Can't talk.

Comin' down."

Comment

I was embarrassed as hell when I was short 8 cents at Dippy Donuts, I didn't go back to that location for almost 2 months because of that. I admit that I miscalculated how much money I needed, but I would NEVER ask for a free drink!
                          ......../\
                          ....../__\
                          ..../\...../\
                          ../__\../__\

Comment

Working...
                          X