X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotel Tales: From the Desk of BroSCFischer

Let's do the Time Warp

At 5:33AM I head over to the breakfast area to do my prep (turn on lights, waffle iron, start coffee). I then wander back to the desk, get the keys for the courtyard (which officially opens at 6AM) and go open the courtyard. After that, I pour the milk into the jugs and take them and the utensils out (tongs, waffle fork) out to the breakfast area. As I walk out of the kitchen, a guy yells "Hey"

Me: Hello, I will be with you in one moment (my freakin' hands are full)

SC: I need to go, I'm already late. I've been looking for someone for 40 minutes.

Me: I'll be right over, and it hasn't been 40 minutes.

SC: The hell it hasn't. I need to check out, my keys are up there. Can you mail me a receipt.

Me: I can print one out (start over to desk, which is across the lobby from breakfast area).

SC: OK

As I walk into the room behind the desk, I glance at the time clock. It is 5:48AM.

SC waits at the desk until my printer prints his receipt, and leaves.

Keep your hands to yourself

Just had 2 guests come up to the desk (woman and guy). At first they asked for keys for her room, and another room that was not in their name. I told him I could give keys for her room only. He seemed annoyed at that. I then made a duplicate key for her room, because she said she left it in her room.

SC: 2 keys.

As I go to make him a 2nd key, he hangs his hand over the desk (sticking out perpendicular to the top of my desk), right into my field of vision. I ask him to move his hand back, and he acts like it's a huge inconvenience, moves it so it is parallel, but still over the top. Since he's being so pissy, I make him move it further back (on to the ledge, not over it).

SC: I'm not moving it to the other side.

But then he does it, in the childish half tantrum way.

After he gets his 2nd key, they leave.

SC

PS: Note I call them "guys" for a reason. "Men" don't act like pissy little boys.
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

I always thought is was pretty standard.

One side of the counter is yours, they get the other and though shalt not invade my space. For security as much as anything else.

Comment

Sucky Customer Standard Time: multiply the actual time you were waiting by 10 or 20 or 50 . . . .

Comment

You need a new sign: "Appendages forced into our personal spaces may be removed at any time, without notice." Make sure the sign has a nice big picture of a cleaver on it.
        Last edited by EricKei; 07-21-2012, 04:43 AM. Reason: typo? I don't see any typo ...
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
          You need a new sign: "Appendages forced into out personal spaces may be removed at any time, without notice." Make sure the sign has a nice big picture of a cleaver on it.
          Or an actual cleaver.
          People may think I am a Satanist, but I'm really not.

Why would I worship those that I rule?

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
            You need a new sign: "Appendages forced into out personal spaces may be removed at any time, without notice." Make sure the sign has a nice big picture of a cleaver on it.
            Actually I saw on one of those "Stupid Criminal Reality Video" shows where someone tried to rob someone and ended up getting his arm broken as the emergency barrier slammed up from the counter to the ceiling.

Laughed my ass off.
            I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Working...
            X