This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agents...Ugh!

I have two quick ones for you. Occasionally, I have to take calls from agents. Most of the time, they understand the claim process are my favorite people to take calls from. Most of the time.

Shouldn't You Already Know That?

This one is an old one. An agent calls into our office (and I'm a super newb at this point) asking if they're is an endorsement for a specific kind of policy. There was not, but really? It's definitely the job of the agent to be informed on which endorsements go to which policy, not the claim handlers. That wasn't sucky per se, just the agent double checking

------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's Not How The OTHER Insurance Companies Do It

Look, I know it's very difficult for you to keep track of the information the way we set it up. There's nothing we can do. That's how we set up those types of claims. You telling me that statement above does not change our process. What do you want me to do? Wave my magic wand and turn it us into XYZ Insurance Company? Sorry bub, stop bitching. It's not easy for us either. Bonus suck for whining.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, Now I'm Going to Have to Talk to the Customer and They're Going to Yell at Me

Tough cookies. We have a process that we have to follow when we issue checks. As long as they're listed, they have to be on the check. Telling me while sighing that you're going to have to be yelled at by our customer is really, really not going to change policies that are set forth by people that know more things than I. No amount of wheedling, begging, pleading or thinly veiled blackmail will change that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

To everyone I talk to through our call center line. I don't know how many ways and times I can tell you that I don't have a direct line, but I don't. We have notes in the files, just so that anyone can talk to you about whatever your problem is.

I did have a funny call where the lady stated her name, address, phone number, claim number and policy number before I could say any more than my name. She's prepared
Working...
X