This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jurisdictionally Challenged

A woman came in today to take care of a speeding ticket. We would have been happy to help her... except the ticket was not from our town. It was from a town about twenty miles away. She said she knew that, but since she lives here, we should be able to handle it.

When the clerk, another supervisor and I all told her she would have to go to that other town as we do not have the authority nor the ability to do anything with another town's tickets, she demanded to see the judge. When the judge told her the same thing, she literally started to cry and wail that she did not have the time to "traipse all over creation" to take care of this and that everyone was being so unfair to her.

Actually, in the time she spent whining and refusing to accept what we told her, she could have driven over to the other town, paid the fine and come back.
    "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
    .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

You can't mail yours in?

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
      You can't mail yours in?
      We pointed out that option to her as it was written on the ticket, but she wanted to take care of it in person right then.
      "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
      .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Well hopefully she learns a valuable lesson in speeding.
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

The stupid, it hurts!

Comment

Quoth South Texan View Post
            We pointed out that option to her as it was written on the ticket, but she wanted to take care of it in person right then.
            Of course special snowflake, will have to drag her carcas there to argue the ticket....unless she has a lawyer for that.
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth South Texan View Post
              Actually, in the time she spent whining and refusing to accept what we told her, she could have driven over to the other town, paid the fine and come back.
              Is that accounting for her obeying the speed limit or speeding?
              Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
              Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
              Fiancee: What?!
              Me: Nevermind.

Comment

Um, obviously she traipsed there before, since she got a speeding ticket there.

Comment

The lack of common sense sounds about right. Heck, I've have people try and give ME the money for tickets!
                  "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Don't you just love how people who break the rules expect everyone else to bend over backwards to accommodate them?
                    "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth thatcrazyredhead View Post
                      Don't you just love how people who break the rules expect everyone else to bend over backwards to accommodate them?
                      LINKAGE Fun to watch....

Comment

She probably drove over there eventually....really fast.

Ooops.
                        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Is that what one refers to as a brain-wreck?
                          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

When the judge told her the same thing, she literally started to cry and wail that she did not have the time to "traipse all over creation" to take care of this and that everyone was being so unfair to her.
                            As if it was their fault she got caught speeding in the first place? Or let me guess it's the cop's fault too for writing the ticket.

Mom witnessed a traffic accident where the at-fault driver started that shit. "I don't have time for this!"

IIRC Mom said something about "well you caused the accident". the woman was NOT pleased that others weren't backing her up and glared daggers at her.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                              IIRC Mom said something about "well you caused the accident". the woman was NOT pleased that others weren't backing her up and glared daggers at her.
                              I got the same glares for stopping at an accident I witnessed because if it wasn't for me, she'd have gotten away with causing the accident because it really did look like the other person's fault. She hated my presence.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                              X