X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotel Tales: 4x4 edition

Last night:

Club patron assaults another with a Baseball bat.

Apparently the victim was being accused of talking to the other guys woman. That's all I know.

Tonight:

Apparently there are 4 guests stranded on a State Route ~10 miles away. They called and asked if we had a shuttle service (we don't) and were basically, OK. They didn't complain when I informed them we don't have a shuttle.

About 20 minutes later, the Tow Truck Driver calls, and this is where the suck come in:

Roughly paraphrased conversation:

TTD: Hi, this is <name> with XYZ towing. You have 4 guests stranded here on <State Route>. Is there anybody there who can pick up at least 2 of them.

ME: Ok, I'll see what I can do, but we have the club running tonight, so it might be after 2:00 till we can get anyone out there, if we can.

TTD: Well, I'm not waiting with them til 2.

ME: Let me see what I can do. Where are you exactly?

TTD: <Give's a rough approximation of location with landmarks>

ME: OK, let me put you on hold and see what I can do.

TTD: Well, you should do something. They're YOUR guests.

I go and talk to my GM, and he says we don't have any means to do so.

ME: I'm sorry, but we don't have anyone there who can come get them.

TTD: I see. So this is how you treat your guests. Well, I'll be sure to tell your owner tomorrow, I know him. (I'm sure ) Maybe they'll just stay somewhere else.

ME: (sternly) We don't have a shuttle service, and don't have any means of picking them up.

TTD: Yeah, yeah, I see how you treat your guests. <hangs up>

I am

If I could remember the name of TTD's company, I would complain to AAA.

SC
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Well, you've only got yourself to blame, really. Weren't you listening in training? You're supposed to pull the shuttle, out of your ass, and send it to pick up your damn guests! Otherwise what is the point of you??

/sarcasm

Seriously. Call a flipping cab, people. [the guests, not you. It's hardly your fault they got their asses stranded.]
    Now, I'd like to digress from my prepared remarks to discuss how I invented the terlet...

Comment

Quoth veniteangeli View Post
      Call a flipping cab, people. [the guests, not you. It's hardly your fault they got their asses stranded.]
      Cab company closes at 8pm, this was after 11pm.

More tonight:

Have a bunch of people in the Lobby. Apparently they thought it would be cool to wrestle around in the depressed area (where I couldn't see). My GM told them to knock it off.

SC1: You're cool with it right?

ME: No, I don't want fighting in my Lobby.

SC2: But it's fun!

SC3: It's not your Lobby.

ME: I'm the one with a name tag here, so it is my Lobby. An I don't want fighting.

SC2: It's not fighting.

ME: I don't care if you call it wrestling, I don't need it here in my Lobby!

SC2: But it's fun!

ME: You can go have that kind of fun in your room then.

SC
      Last edited by BroSCFischer; 07-15-2012, 04:57 AM. Reason: New story
      "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

You're supposed to pull the shuttle, out of your ass
        Oh! Is that what those brown things are?

I thought they were little submarines.
        Why do they make Superglue but not Batglue?

Comment

So hotels are now supposed to keep tabs on their guests no matter how far from the hotel they are?
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

What're you supposed to do with the shuttle after they're back st the hotel? Flush it? Drive it back from whence it came?

Comment

No shuttle service & too late to call a cab? They could have walked the 10 miles. At a brisk pace they could get to the hotel in about an hour. That's what legs are for...lol.

Comment

You should have told TTD that it was bad customer service to abandon two of HIS CUSTOMERS along the side of the road.
                Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                Save the Ales!
                Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
                  You should have told TTD that it was bad customer service to abandon two of HIS CUSTOMERS along the side of the road.
                  Ooooooooh, that would have been a good one, and he's not a guest of the hotel and therefore not a customer. Is it too much to hope for that you wouldn't have to be as nice to him for being a dick then? I think it's nice that TTD actually gave a crap about the people he was towing for, but man he aimed his shittiness at the wrong person.

Minor Thread Jack: Had something similar happen when I was at a con back in April. A friend of a friend who had come with us got his credit card declined when we went out to eat at a bar/grill. This loser actually called our hotel and thought he could get them to pick up the tab. He got all huffy when they said they wouldn't and basically had the same attitude TTD did.

Comment

Does anyone have a hotel in Hawaii that can come pick me up? I mean, I'm totally a customer and all. Or I would be when I got there. Come on, I'm stranded on my sofa and I just need a shuttle across the Pacific.

...Well, I see how you treat your guests! See if I ever stay here again!

Comment

Quoth Rainman View Post

Minor Thread Jack: Had something similar happen when I was at a con back in April. A friend of a friend who had come with us got his credit card declined when we went out to eat at a bar/grill. This loser actually called our hotel and thought he could get them to pick up the tab. He got all huffy when they said they wouldn't and basically had the same attitude TTD did.
                      Didn't they teach you in training that you're supposed to kiss the customer's ass and provide "great customer service" by doing ANYTHING you can to help them? Even if it means paying their restaraunt bill because dumbass over here can't control his finances? Why don't you just give him part of your paycheck too while you're at it What an idiot.
                      Last edited by BowserKoopa1; 07-15-2012, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                        No shuttle service & too late to call a cab? They could have walked the 10 miles. At a brisk pace they could get to the hotel in about an hour. That's what legs are for...lol.
                        Probably closer to three hours-I could see people not wanting to walk that. Besides, the guests weren't sucky, the tow truck driver was. If the guests were willing to pay extra, two could have waited (or started walking) while the tow truck took the other two to the hotel, then doubled back for the other two. A tow truck makes for an expensive cab, but it's better than nothing.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                          They could have walked the 10 miles. At a brisk pace they could get to the hotel in about an hour.
                          I'm with Cole's Law on this one...it would have been far longer than an hour. After all, to do it an hour would have required them to average 6 minute miles, and that's more long distance running pace than it is a brisk walk.

Don't believe me, though...just look at the facts. To run a marathon in under 4 hours, it is suggested that a runner keep a pace at or under 8 minutes per mile. The world record holder in the marathon averaged 4:44 per mile. So, yeah, don't think the average person stranded at the side of the road is going to be walking briskly to a hotel 10 miles away in just an hour.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                          Still A Customer."

Comment

Well, you've only got yourself to blame, really. Weren't you listening in training? You're supposed to pull the shuttle, out of your ass, and send it to pick up your damn guests! Otherwise what is the point of you??
                            Don't you know to check the magic back room for a shuttle...[EXTREME SARCASM]
                            Seriously. Call a flipping cab, people. [the guests, not you. It's hardly your fault they got their asses stranded.]
                            Is there no cab service in your town?!
                            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

The cab company closes at 8pm??? WTF? What happens if someone goes out to party and is too drunk to drive home?

Walking ten miles....um, they might not be physically able to. And I sure as hell wouldn't want to walk any distance at night along a highway!

As for how you treat "your customers"....if they weren't checked in yet, they were still only potential customers. And even if you had a shuttle, that's a courtesy thing, not an obligation.
                              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                              X