This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun news sites

First, a story I found funny as hell. Lady suing her wireless company after the hubby found out about her affair.

Here is the news story.

And a fun site to get headlines from (Random collection of them) is http://fark.com

I love Fark. The comments are usually better than the stories. (And check out the Photoshop threads...some really good people there.) I'm pretty sure most of the "No Sweat News" on one of the local radio station comes from there.

There is also a pretty interesting (and amusing) book by the guy who runs the site (which is actually how I found the site, because I happened to come across it while browsing the new release table at the bookstore one day). It looked interesting, and I was looking for something light-ish to read, so I picked it up.

It's Not News, It's Fark: How Mass Media Tries to Pass off Crap as News

Haven't looked at Fark much lately...will probably get sucked back in now...
    Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 05-28-2010, 09:37 PM.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I check Fark Daily. Have to. LOL

Comment

Quoth superhotelworker View Post
        I check Fark Daily. Have to. LOL
        I used to. I go through spurts, now. I'll check for a few days, read a bunch of threads, then not look for a bit.

I've thought about signing up, but they're a little more vicious over there than we are allowed to be here. Plus lots of trolling and stuff - which can be fun to read, don't get me wrong . I prefer to just be amused by it.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
        X