• New Member - long time lurker

Hi All,
    Thanks for having me. I have been enjoying this sight and am amazed
    at some of the stories posted here. I find some stories fun, and some
    shocking, but all entertaining.

My favorites are from the cashiering side of the SC world. Where the poor
    cashiers must deal with customers whom have delusions of grandeur or
    are simply scammers.

Gravekeeper’s constant issues with people ordering from the 867 area code.
    Customersruinmylife's over entitled bar patrons.
    Argabarga's battle with improper parking,
    Kusanagi’s ongoing battle with furniture customers.
    And all of the rest that make this site so great.

I can't help but commiserate with you guys at the audacity of some
    customers.
    I really enjoy all the stories here and look forward to reading more.

Welcome, welcome! Brain-bleach on the left, liquor on the right.

Or was that the other way around? Hmm...
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
    One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
    The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

I think you'll find the correct way round is liquor in the front,poker in the rear

The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Welcome into the light! We're friendly sorts 'round here, as I'm sure you've seen

(get the trap ready)

Juuuuust a little further, now, that's right...
        Last edited by EricKei; 04-09-2019, 10:35 PM.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Hi Guys,
          Thanks for the Kind Welcome.
          I do not currently have a retail job, but I have had many in the past and so can relate to the stories on this site.
          I find the handle "Nunavut Pants" quite funny. I would love to visit there after reading GraveKeepers posts. Just to see what it is like.

Comment

Quoth MojoIsTheBest View Post
            I would love to visit there after reading GraveKeepers posts. Just to see what it is like.
            Welcome!

I have always found GraveKeeper's story fascinating. I too have thought about visiting Nunavut. I just bang my head against the wall until the desire goes away.
            Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
            Save the Ales!
            Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth MojoIsTheBest View Post
              I find the handle "Nunavut Pants" quite funny.
              I picked it as a tribute. I realized that "GK Stalker" would be too on-the-nose, especially after someone actually did track him down. (!!!)
              “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
              One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
              The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

*sneaks in, fills up the chocolates and cookies, then poofs out silently*
                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
                X