Go Back   Customers Suck! > Site News > Site News

Closed Thread

Correct usage of Fratching
Old 05-08-2009, 06:47 PM
Just some guy

Default Correct usage of Fratching

Fratching is a board licence I pay for so political and controversial stuff can be posted. Like this site, it's free and we don't spam you, but we expect you to stand up for yourself far more than you do here.

Correct usage of Fratching is to think whether or not something is the right thing to say, and if it isn't (feel free to check with a moderator - we only bite if you pay extra) then start a thread about the issue over there (possibly with a link back) and mention in the thread that you'd like to discuss the harsher issues there.

Incorrect usage is to talk about Fratching, meaning that you've already thought it could go down that route, and then say whatever you feel like saying as if it's a shield of immunity.

We've seen too many similar instances of late. We're quite happy to hand out infractions in the worst cases.

Rapscallion

Old 05-09-2009, 04:49 PM
Lantean Moderator

D'oh.....here am I reading this after having just committed that sin (though I think I danced around the issue, and it was not the main focus of my post anyway). Sorry.

RIP Plaidman.

Old 05-09-2009, 09:15 PM
Haz Bad Attitude!

Raps, I is slightly confused.

Are you saying you're wanting those of us on Fratching already to stand up for ourselves more over there (as in we aren't really debating hard enough?) or are you saying that you'd like more people to take threads that get closed over here and take them over there?

If it's the latter, I definetly agree. Usually when I see a thread get closed, I book ass over to fratching and see if that member started a thread about it....except most of the time, that doesn't happen.

Old 05-09-2009, 09:58 PM
Lunatic posing as normal!

I think the meaning was that he wants to see more use of fratching and less controversial statements here.

Also, he's asking people to stop making those controversial comments on CS and then hide behind the "but that's for fratching" excuse.

If a person has to make a disclaimer, it's better left unsaid.

It's like saying, "I'd make fun of your ugly dress and stupid looking hair, but that would be rude."

I'm sorry, but you can't un-ring a bell, and saying something that will incite a debate and then adding the fratching disclaimer is just the same as actually saying it on CS, which is against the rules.

If a person feels that strongly about an issue, starting the fratching thread, then posting the link over here with a simple, "Meet me at fratching," will suffice.

Last edited by Ree; 05-10-2009 at 01:52 PM.

Old 05-09-2009, 10:03 PM
Haz Bad Attitude!

It just kind of irks me that a thread will get closed, the mod will even state "You can take it to Fratching", and I go over there, and nope.....that person isn't even on Fratching, and no thread. I suppose anyone can start a thread, and it doesn't necessarily have to be the person who started the thread on CS......maybe I'm just being lazy and should start taking them over there.

Idk. Just my thoughts. I know we can't force people to join over there. But it would be nice if closed threads over here could take a trip over there and we could debate it without having to hold back.

Old 05-09-2009, 10:35 PM

By all means, if someone doesn't put their money where their mouth is and doesn't follow up with a fratching thread after being asked to take it there, feel free to start one of your own.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:37 PM
Customer

I registered for Fratching but are still waiting for mod approval...

Old 05-10-2009, 12:07 AM

Trollguard is in place over there as well as here, so all new members are under moderation. Members need to post and keep posting in order to be automatically off new member moderation.

Old 05-10-2009, 02:42 AM
Jack of all trades

So, a question for followup. If we wish to broach a particular topic that we know is more appropriate for Fratching, eg, if I wanted to start a thread on reciept checks, is there a procedure on CS to advise others about the Fratching thread?
(edit: ) Um...to be more specific, would it be appropriate to open a thread inviting other members over to participate in the Fratching thread, or would PM's be the preferred method?

Last edited by Jack Doe; 05-10-2009 at 02:44 AM. Reason: Noted in body, 2nd edit to remove silly smily

Old 05-10-2009, 02:46 AM

The simple answer is no.

Make your post at Fratching, and those who are members of both sites will most likely see the thread over there.

Currently, we prefer that members do not start threads over here asking for others to come check out their fratching thread.