Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 02:29 PM
Philosophical Tomato

Quote:
Quoth LadyofArc View Post
Is the woman unfamiliar with the concept of "hand washing?"
A lot of people frequenting my old store were/are unfamiliar with the concept...never was that more clear than flu season.

I just discovered that the hall-tree storage bench is full of reusable bags. So that's the secret breeding ground...

Old 03-25-2018, 04:01 PM
Insert clever title here

Quote:
Quoth Minflick View Post
Well, depending on the AGE of the lino... I once rented an apartment with lino of unknown age in the kitchen, and it smeared whenever it got wet... No caustic materials needed! Not wonderful, and impossible to keep clean.
Be very careful with old linoleum or vinyl flooring. When we bought our house in Phoenix, we had to have professionals remove the flooring in the kitchen and bathrooms because it was made with asbestos.

Old 03-25-2018, 05:54 PM
RVT

I've read that before. I haven't seen any since that apartment (and that was in 1979!), so it's moot for me personally.

Old 03-26-2018, 05:57 AM
stressed out broke pizza guy

Location: In the land of Green and Gold eating Pepperoni with an UZI

Quote:
Quoth XCashier View Post
Be very careful with old linoleum or vinyl flooring. When we bought our house in Phoenix, we had to have professionals remove the flooring in the kitchen and bathrooms because it was made with asbestos.
I understand that issue all too well. my kitchen and bathroom floors are vinyl (??)and I am VERY unsure of their age. Now all I have to worry about is the insulation (house built in 1940) in the walls and upstairs behind the knee wall for my half story.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Old 03-26-2018, 05:22 PM
Warning: He thinks he's funny.

Heh. The water heater in our old condo let go one day. (While my wife was interviewing for a job over the phone, from home!) Soaked the floor among other things, and we found out when the "remediation company" started to deal with it that one of the layers of linoleum had asbestos in it.

That meant a second company had to come in to remove it, and it was a rather involved process. They effectively sealed the room off with plastic, then installed a fan to lower the pressure in the sealed room so any leaks would be into the room and not carry fibers out. And the guy who went in (small room, only one would fit) had on the full bunny-suit and mask with external air supply and everything.

All the stuff they took out, asbestos or not, got double-bagged. As did the plastic and bunny suits and so on.

It was a whole lot of work, and not overly cheap! Thank heaven our insurance paid for it--and for the damage the water caused to our downstairs neighbors!!

Old 04-01-2018, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Quoth dalesys View Post
Quite a few dry laundry products will cheerfully eat holes in your skin...
Cleaning chemicals will do that too. From personal experience, oven cleaner (such as Easy-Off), and Castrol Super Clean--both of which I sometimes use to strip paint from plastic model parts--can cause nasty chemical burns. I got very lucky in that all it did was dry out my hands and make them itch for a bit. Could have been much worse, and yes, I was wearing rubber gloves at the time.

Old 04-02-2018, 12:46 AM
Philosophical Tomato

On occasion the housekeeping staff will leave chemical spray bottles in and around the warehouse and grocery pallets (although we just had a health inspection last week, so their shenanigans should stop for a while)...unlabeled, generic spray bottles (only marking is "cleaning solution"--no indication what kind of solution). The yellow liquid in one of them ate holes in my gloves when I picked it up (the bottle itself was leaking) and that hand itched for the rest of my shift even after repeated washings.

One of my CWs is using the empty cartons from industrial dishwashing tablets for storing backstock

Old 04-04-2018, 07:50 PM
Area Manager

HSK at my hotel likes to put glasscleaner and such in bottles with other labels. Reported it to big bossman and they got their asses chewed.

Old 04-09-2018, 03:27 PM
Bagger

Talking

Quote:
Quoth Argus View Post
Fate? I heard once that it protects fools, little children, and something else.
"Fate. Protects fools, little children and ships named Enterprise." Commander Riker, Star Trek TNG Season 2 Episode 11 "Contagion"

why yes I am a dedicated Trekkie, why do you ask? And why are you looking at me funny?

Old 04-10-2018, 12:54 AM
Store Manager

Quote:
Quoth Argus View Post
Fate? I heard once that it protects fools, little children, and something else.
Fools, children, and drunkards. There actually is an old truth in the saying, but it depends on knowing that "fool" used to mean what we more recently called "retarded", and lately "developmentally disabled".

The thing is, children, drunk folks, and many retarded folks, all have one thing in common: relaxed muscles. As it turns out, that helps a lot when dealing with falls and similar impacts (probably including modern auto accidents).
Closed Thread